Not Engaged Yet
Options

Brrr?

1. What is "cold" to you?
2. You wake up today, look out the window and see a foot of snow on the ground. What would you do next?
3. Can you drive in snow?
4. How many pairs of gloves do you have? Mittens count!
5. Ever worn tights under pants to stay warmer throughout the day? What color?
6. Do you own long johns? Do you know what that is?
7. Ever felt like this?: My childhood as a kid with a snow suite so puffy my arms never made it completely down to my sides.
8. Favorite cold weather food(s)?
9. Tell us a story about the coldest you have ever been. Please, and thank you.
10. True or false: Warm tongue to a metal pole in 31 degree weather leads to a lot of tears and panic.

Re: Brrr?

• Options
    1. I'm tiny and thin cold is anything below 50. Winter is a miserable time for me.
    2. Call my work emergency number to see if the office is open and pray that it isn't.
    3. Not really
    4. 2
    5. yes, just nude ones
    6. Yes I know what they are, but I do not own any.
    7. yes
    8. soup or hot chocolate
    9. Not sure I can even think of a story really, I know I'm boring..
    10. true

Anniversary

• Options
    Below 65 is chilly.  Below 45 is cold.
    2. You wake up today, look out the window and see a foot of snow on the ground. What would you do next?
    Call my boss in FL and tell him I'm not coming in.
    I can.  I don't like to - my car isn't exactly the best for snow driving.
    Three.  I should probably find those ski gloves BF bought me for Christmas for the rest of this week.
    Once.  I think they were grey.  I should have done that today though.  I'm an all around failure this week.
    I do not own them - my parents used to make me wear them and now I avoid them.
    7. Ever felt like this?: 
    Not for the past several years, until this week.  Now it's also kind of this:
    Tea.
    Today I was walking from the metro to my office, and despite the fact that I was wearing flats and socks, I felt like I was walking barefoot.  I've been here for two hours and I'm still freezing.  The heat is on.
    10. True or false: Warm tongue to a metal pole in 31 degree weather leads to a lot of tears and panic.
    True?
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    <60*

Cry because I have to get my ass to work in that shlt. 

Meh. I don't really drive often so I'd probably crash in the snow. 

A LOT

Yep, black. I only own black. 

No, but FI has a few pairs for work. Yes, of course!

7. Ever felt like this?: 
    Yes, this morning. 

Chili and soup

Last night walking from the car to the bar. We parked SO freaking far away and it was negative degrees. I was not a happy camper. 

Hmm I'm going to guess true. 

• Options
    Below 40.  I mean 40-65 isn't warm or anything, but I probably wouldn't be complaining about it.  Yesterday it was -1F when I left for work.
    Call in to work.  My apartment complex sucks at plowing and there is no way I will be able to get out.  I know from experience.
    Yes.  I grew up in the U.P. (upper peninsula of Michigan...lots of snow!)
    At least 4.
    Tons of times.  I started doing this as a child. Black tights.
    No, but I have a bunch of Under Armour tights for winter layering
    7. Ever felt like this?
    Haha, yep.
    Hot Chocolate, chili, soup.
    Growing up in a cold snowy environment, I've gotten pretty good at dressing for cold weather.  I went for a run on Sunday and I felt fine while I was running, but when I got inside my legs were all red and blotchy and cold to the touch/sort of numb.  It took an hour for them to warm back up.  I won't be running outside again until it warms up a bit. 
    10. True or false: Warm tongue to a metal pole in 31 degree weather leads to a lot of tears and panic. True.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well I've lived in the South most of my life so "cold" to me is below 50. I have family in SD though soo I know what real cold is from visiting them during the winter and it's below zero.
    Scream and run outside because it never snows in Georgia and that means everything is closed.
    Well I've driven in snow before but I drive like a granny sooo probably not compared to people who drive in it every winter.
    A lot! My aunt seems to think that I need a new pair every Christmas... I think she confuses me with my cousins from up North.
    Yes, I wear leggings under my pants sometimes and those are black or gray.
    I know what long johns are because my Dad always talks about them because he used to wear them when he lived in SD. No, I don't own a pair because I don't ever experience cold weather here in GA.
    7. Ever felt like this?
    Yep when I was little and we would visit my grandparents in SD. My mom would act like we were preparing for the Ice Age.
    Hot Chocolate/Cider and Chili
    I made the mistake of wearing rain boots out in the snow in SD one Christmas... I'm pretty sure I was a couple minutes away from getting frost bite on my feet. It took forever for them to warm up.
    10. True or false: Warm tongue to a metal pole in 31 degree weather leads to a lot of tears and panic.I have no idea...
  • Options
    1. What is "cold" to you?  My thermostat is set at 73, anything colder and I'm cold.

2. You wake up today, look out the window and see a foot of snow on the ground. What would you do next?  Tell BF to stop crying and start the snow blower so I can get to work.  Call work, tell them I'm going to be late.  End up snow blowing the driveway myself and then call out of work.

3. Can you drive in snow?  Poorly.  I actually drive the speed limit in the snow.  I can't wait to get an AWD car/suv.

4. How many pairs of gloves do you have? Mittens count!  I just got a pair from my BF for Christmas that I can use my phone with (touchscreen) and then three other pair lying around the house.

5. Ever worn tights under pants to stay warmer throughout the day? What color?  No, but I'm going to tomorrow, probably black leggings.

6. Do you own long johns? Do you know what that is?  I used to own long johns and I yes I know what they are, my hunts deer so he has a million pair.

7. Ever felt like this?: My childhood as a kid with a snow suite so puffy my arms never made it completely down to my sides.
    Yes, this morning.  BTW I love that movie

Soup/stews, anything I can throw in the crockpot

I used to have a diesel Volkswagen.  It took forever to warm up so I had many a cold night driving to and from work.

10. True or false: Warm tongue to a metal pole in 31 degree weather leads to a lot of tears and panic.  True?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    I'm nearly always complaining about being cold. AC is too cold in the summer, and then once it gets into the 40s outside I'm cold.
    Work from home in my PJs!
    Nope. I don't have a lot of experience, and I usually opt out of driving when there is significant snow on the ground.
    Three pairs of black gloves. I could only tell you where two pairs are at this moment. I am always loosing track of them.
    Yes. Usually the loudest colors because I wear my black/brown/grey tights with dresses and skirts throughout the fall/winter.
    I usually use some of H's if he wants to go out and play in the snow. I only last a few minutes, and he spends hours out there. What a nerd.
    7. Ever felt like this?:
    Yup. That was how we used to get dressed to play in the snow. We never had enough legit winter wear and even used grocery bags in our boots to act as a water barrier over two pairs of socks.
    Anything warmer than me. Damn you winter appetite!
    A few NYEs ago my H, my sister and I went to Faneuil Hall to celebrate and the wind chill and temperature down there near the water was BRUTAL. I had so many layers going on that did little to nothing. Frozen snot on my face at 26? Yes, of course.
    I have no experience with this, but tv and movies tells me it is true. I feel like there should be a Mythbusters episode that addresses this. Anyone know for sure?
  • Options
    1. What is "cold" to you? Truly cold, like uncomfortable cold, for me is when it gets down into the teens.
    2. You wake up today, look out the window and see a foot of snow on the ground. What would you do next? ROLL IN IT. AUGH I LOVE SNOW.
    3. Can you drive in snow? Oh yes, I am rather talented at it. Living in Vermont was a benefit to my driving abilities.
    4. How many pairs of gloves do you have? Mittens count! Two. One is for every day and the other is for skiing.
    5. Ever worn tights under pants to stay warmer throughout the day? What color? Nope. If it's cold and snowy/icy, I'll wear ski bibs over my clothes and take them off when I get to work, but that's it.
    6. Do you own long johns? Do you know what that is? Yes, a few pairs that I use for skiing.
    7. Ever felt like this?: This morning. I had my parka on with a turtle fur neck warmer and my ushanka, and with the parka zipped up to my chin, I couldn't even turn my head. 
    8. Favorite cold weather food(s)? Chili with grilled cheese.
    9. Tell us a story about the coldest you have ever been. Please, and thank you. It was probably some time that I got wet while skiing and had to sit in front of a fire, but I can't remember a specific time. I usually dress extremely well for the weather. When we got three feet one night at Bennington, I didn't get even vaguely cold the entire day that I was playing in it because I wore my parka, ski bibs, warm hat with the parka hood up, turtle fur, ski gloves and snow boots.
    10. True or false: Warm tongue to a metal pole in 31 degree weather leads to a lot of tears and panic. Depends on how cold it's been on previous days, but if it's been generally pretty cold, yes, bad idea.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    1, What is "cold" to you?
    Below 45
    Let my puppy out so she can play in it in the backyard, and I can watch from inside while drinking my coffee :-)
    Not well
    Just one
    Nope. I get overheated really easily. I'd rather be cold than sweating.
    Don't own any.
    7. Ever felt like this?: My childhood as a kid with a snow suite so puffy my arms never made it completely down to my sides.
    Favorite movie. I miss those days!
    Chilli! Tomato soup and grilled cheese
    Well this wasn't the absolute coldest, but BF and I went to visit my little sister and her BF at their new apt. in Cambridge, MA a few months ago. The heat wasn't working in their building, so they set a fire in the fireplace to keep us all warm. BF and I slept on an air mattress in the living room. By about 1am, the fire had gone out, and I woke up - freezing cold - to also discover that the air matress had significantly deflated. BF and I were crammed into the sunken, middle of the mattress, huddling together for warmth. We both put our coats and shoes on too, but it didn't help too much. I hardly slept the rest of the night. because I was shivering too much. It was terrible! Next time we visit, we're staying in a hotel.
    TRUE.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    oy! I ran out of oil for the heater when I lived in Brighton, MA one winter. I'd come home, keep my jacket on, and crawl into bed with my laptop for the rest of the evening. Roommates that walk out on leases, suck real hard.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_burrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c2583753-d4ef-4849-8312-4cdbd49e04d9Post:365d13f1-f0cf-4164-99cf-7dedb4d4f04e">Re: Brrr?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What is "cold" to you? I'm nearly always complaining about being cold. AC is too cold in the summer, and then once it gets into the 40s outside I'm cold. 2. You wake up today, look out the window and see a foot of snow on the ground. What would you do next? Work from home in my PJs! 3. Can you drive in snow? Nope. I don't have a lot of experience, and I usually opt out of driving when there is significant snow on the ground. 4. How many pairs of gloves do you have? Mittens count! Three pairs of black gloves. I could only tell you where two pairs are at this moment. I am always loosing track of them. 5. Ever worn tights under pants to stay warmer throughout the day? What color? Yes. Usually the loudest colors because I wear my black/brown/grey tights with dresses and skirts throughout the fall/winter. 6. Do you own long johns? Do you know what that is? I usually use some of H's if he wants to go out and play in the snow. I only last a few minutes, and he spends hours out there. What a nerd. 7. Ever felt like this?: Yup. That was how we used to get dressed to play in the snow. We never had enough legit winter wear and even used grocery bags in our boots to act as a water barrier over two pairs of socks. 8. Favorite cold weather food(s)? Anything warmer than me. Damn you winter appetite! 9. Tell us a story about the coldest you have ever been. Please, and thank you. A few NYEs ago my H, my sister and I went to Faneuil Hall to celebrate and the wind chill and temperature down there near the water was BRUTAL. I had so many layers going on that did little to nothing. Frozen snot on my face at 26? Yes, of course. 10. True or false: Warm tongue to a metal pole in 31 degree weather leads to a lot of tears and panic. I have no experience with this, but tv and movies tells me it is true. I feel like there should be a Mythbusters episode that addresses this. <strong>Anyone know for sure?</strong>
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

It's definitely true!  I saw it happen when I was in elementary school.  I'm pretty sure it was a truth or dare game gone wrong. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. What is "cold" to you? I have low blood pressure so I get cold really easily, but truly cold would have to be -20C which is -4F. Winter lasts about 6 months in Manitoba, you get used to it.

2. You wake up today, look out the window and see a foot of snow on the ground. What would you do next? There has been a foot of snow outside for the past month and a half. I'm expecting more before winter is through, so basically anything I would do any other day.

3. Can you drive in snow? If I couldn't we would have a problem, and I wouldn't have a job.

4. How many pairs of gloves do you have? Mittens count! Only two.

5. Ever worn tights under pants to stay warmer throughout the day? What color? Many times, including this week. Usually purple, but black, brown, and grey have been known to make an appearance.

6. Do you own long johns? Do you know what that is? I don't own any myself, but my father had a full onesie pair of red ones when I was growing up and FI wears them everyday for work.

7. Ever felt like this?: Yes, but not in a few years.My childhood as a kid with a snow suite so puffy my arms never made it completely down to my sides.

8. Favorite cold weather food(s)? Hot chocolate, soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

9. Tell us a story about the coldest you have ever been. Please, and thank you. Two days ago it was -41 here. Letting the dog out in my pjs was not fun.

10. True or false: Warm tongue to a metal pole in 31 degree weather leads to a lot of tears and panic. My brother did the pole. I did a mailbox. For some dumb reason I wanted to know what it tasted like in winter.
  • Options
    1. What is "cold" to you? "Chilly" is anything under 72.  Cold is anything below 60.

2. You wake up today, look out the window and see a foot of snow on the ground. What would you do next? Call the Guiness Book of World records??  Then panic because Phoenix getting a foot of snow would probably signal the end of the world like in Day After Tomorrow.

3. Can you drive in snow?  Never had to, hope I never will.

4. How many pairs of gloves do you have? Mittens count!  One, but I have no idea where they are.

5. Ever worn tights under pants to stay warmer throughout the day? What color? I did when we went skiing in Denver once...they were black.

6. Do you own long johns? Do you know what that is?  I know what they are, but no, I don't own any

7. Ever felt like this?: Last week, when our high was only 45 degrees, which were record lows

8. Favorite cold weather food(s)? Soup

9. Tell us a story about the coldest you have ever been. Please, and thank you. My parents took us up to Flagstaff to play in the snow when I was like 8 (which was the last time I'd seen snow until about 2 years ago).  We didn't have any waterproof clothes, so our pants got soaked while we were sledding and we ended up having to stop at a laundromat while we stripped to our underwear and stayed under a blanket in the car with my mom while my dad went inside to throw our clothes in a dryer.

10. True or false: Warm tongue to a metal pole in 31 degree weather leads to a lot of tears and panic.  true

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm usually cold if it's under 70 degrees. Whenever I go to BF's parents' house it's freezing because they only keep their house heated to around 60-65 degrees.

If I have nothing to do that day - make hot chocolate and curl up in my blankets
    If I have work/school - bundle up and face the snow

Yes but I don't like it.

3 or 4

All the time. Black.

When I was little I did but not anymore.

7. Ever felt like this?:

Haha...sometimes.

Soup

When I was in 6th grade we did a week long trip to Yellowstone where we stayed in cabins and got to do all sorts of awesome activities during the day with park rangers. One day it was snowing but the scheduled activity for that day was steam gauging - which basically involves getting in a river. It was ridiculous.

True

• Options
    I'm a huge baby, so I think anything below 60 is cold.

Pout a little bit and then hope BF can drive me to work. If I don't have to work, then I plan on staying in my warm house.

I can if I absolutely have to (thankfully my Pittsburgh roots come in handy) but, I was in a really bad car accident when there was snow on the ground  in 2009 and it's traumatized me so I just get a lot of anxiety. It's the other drivers that worry me.

A lot.

Yes. I have black and nude color tights.

I do own a pair and I think they may be too small now. Yes, I used them a long time ago when I went skiing in Wyoming.

7. Ever felt like this?
    Haha, yes!

Pho, Hot chocolate, chilli

When I lived in Pittsburgh, I remember my parents both had to work and school was canceled so my Mom took my sister and I to my Grandma's for the day. She had a huge hill in her backyard so my sister and I decided to go sledding. They also have this small pond down by the end of the hill. I ended up wiping out after falling off my sled and fell in to the pond which cracked a little bit underneath me and I got wet. I decided to stay outside a little longer, hoping I would dry (and because I didn't want to get yelled at) but, I ended up just about freezing to death.

True.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_burrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c2583753-d4ef-4849-8312-4cdbd49e04d9Post:b89179ef-0582-4b97-bf11-12273fb9597a">Re: Brrr?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brrr? : It's definitely true!  I saw it happen when I was in elementary school.  I'm pretty sure it was a truth or dare game gone wrong. 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

Wild!
  • Options
    edited January 2013

If i'm dressed appropriately, 30 degrees or below. Lately though, i'm chilly just around my house even though the thermostat says 74 degrees...

If it's a work day - Say "Thank goodness for my garage" to myself and go change my shoes.
    If it's a weekend - Grab the guy and the dog and go play in the field by our house!

Yes. It's a necessity in Colorado - but unfortunately not everyone knows how.

Probably 5 or 6.

Yes. Black. Only when i've been in Montana or gone snow shoeing though.

Haha. Yes. I am a Colorado girl after all!

7. Ever felt like this?:
    YES!

Chili. Soup. Meatloaf. MASHED POTATOES.

I don't really have any great cold stories. I have seen icicles on my grandpa's mustache while skiing though!

True?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It depends on the wind, really. If it's cold, like 30ish, it's cold, but if the wind is blowing, it's unbearable to me.

Smile. 

Duh. I took driver's ed in the winter. I TRY to get my car to spin out when it's snowy, but Scooby just doesn't have any of it. I love driving in the snow.

I couldn't even tell you. LOTS.

Yup. Who knows. I've been doing this since I was a child.

Not the traditional kind, but I do have Under Armour cold gear.

7. Ever felt like this?: 
    Sure have. 

Shepards pie. Hot cocoa (with mint Baileys, por favor)

I don't think I could come up with one example. I grew up in Maine and I work outside in Upstate New York into the late fall and early spring. I have nearly frozen to death on multiple occasions.

I would say working a lacrosse game in February from the top of a 35-foot open scissor lift in a blizzard would probably top the list though.

True. Very, very true.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options

anything below 60.

Grumble and complain about how my life sucks, then suck it up and go into work anyway. 

You betcha, many years of practice here in good ol' Nebraska.

For cold-weather purposes?  About 3.

Only when shoveling.

Yup, use them when snow shoveling and riding my motorcycle. :)

7. Ever felt like this?:
    Story of my life growing up.

Chili or anything from the crock pot!

Couldn't tell you off the top of my head, but I'm sure it was when I was a kid, out sledding. Me and my brother would stay outside for HOURS.

Hmmm... I'm wondering if the pole actually has to be freezing?  Like multiple consecutive days of below-freezing weather, not just the fact that the weather is 31 degrees outside... I am totally overthinking this. :)

May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Below 65 (which is what the heat is set to in my house.

Like Jemmini said, obviously the end of the world is coming. But if it weren't, I'd get my snowboard clothing out and try to think how I can get my sled to a hill.

With chains on, yes. But you can't exceed 25mph.

A lot. I keep trying different ones for snowboarding, plus I have a few pairs of isotoners. I'm thinking eight.

All the time when I'm places like Seattle. Usually they're black leggings.

Well, I do in the sense that I have long undergarments, but they aren't true long johns the way I think of them.

7. Ever felt like this?
    Not really. I avoid places that are that cold.

It's all about the hot chocolate, preferably with peppermint.

Probably in Lake Tahoe. We usually walk across to Nevada for dinner and light gambling and then walk back to the hotel when it was dark and snowing and it's cold despite lots of layers, including snowboard pants.

I would think true.
  • Options
    melmac86melmac86 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Anything under 25 degrees and cloudy.

Hope for a snow day!

Yes, but my current vehicle does not have 4WD, so it's a bltch in the snow. It hardly gets me up hills with only a couple inches of snow on the ground.

2. One pair of fingerless gloves with a mitten part to put over top when you want and a pair of snowboarding gloves.

I am wearing long underwear today under my dress pants. Wore them yesterday too. Bonus - they have owls on them! :)

See #5

7. Ever felt like this?
    Yup, this entire week unfortunately.

Tomato soup.

Every time I sleep in boyfriend's bed. Crazy guy sleeps with his window open - yes, even in negative degree weather. I usually have a dozen blankets and make him cuddle to keep me warm.

False, because it won't be my tongue on the pole and therefore it leads to a lot of laughs.

• Options
    1. What is "cold" to you? If I'm indoors, cold is 68 according to the thermostat.  If I'm outdoors, I don't like wearing my "winter coat" (as opposed to the Northface fleece, which was totally worth the investment 3 years ago) until about 35 F

2. You wake up today, look out the window and see a foot of snow on the ground. What would you do next? Check my email, make sure I don't have school.  Probably help shovel the driveway because BF would have work (they NEVER cancel).  And make some hot chocolate.

3. Can you drive in snow? Yes, but only until about 3 inches.  I drive a Civic, which is not very snow-able.

4. How many pairs of gloves do you have? Mittens count! Probably 4?  I wear two pairs regularly

5. Ever worn tights under pants to stay warmer throughout the day? What color? Yep.  And I have awesome long underwear for that too.  Usually nude tights, but the long underwear are black.

6. Do you own long johns? Do you know what that is?  Yes, but I don't call them long johns (obviously)

7. Ever felt like this?: My childhood as a kid with a snow suite so puffy my arms never made it completely down to my sides.Likely.  I never saw that movie until high school though and I thought it was the lamest movie ever (I was obviously a special child)

8. Favorite cold weather food(s)? Beef stew, Drunk deer chili (it's amazing!), hot chocolate and marshmallows

9. Tell us a story about the coldest you have ever been. Please, and thank you.  I vote for one of the times I had to walk 20 minutes to my car in the snow from lab when I was in grad school, haha.  Those were cold times.  And I usually walked cause I didn't like waiting for the bus

10. True or false: Warm tongue to a metal pole in 31 degree weather leads to a lot of tears and panic.  I vote true.  I've gotten my wet hands suck on ice cubes before in the freezer, lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_burrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c2583753-d4ef-4849-8312-4cdbd49e04d9Post:eea7c04e-827c-4ca6-9b6c-421fb1a7c002">Re: Brrr?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What is "cold" to you? Anything under 25 degrees and cloudy. 2. You wake up today, look out the window and see a foot of snow on the ground. What would you do next? Hope for a snow day! 3. Can you drive in snow? Yes, but my current vehicle does not have 4WD, so it's a bltch in the snow. It hardly gets me up hills with only a couple inches of snow on the ground. 4. How many pairs of gloves do you have? Mittens count! 2. One pair of fingerless gloves with a mitten part to put over top when you want and a pair of snowboarding gloves. 5. Ever worn tights under pants to stay warmer throughout the day? What color? I am wearing long underwear today under my dress pants. Wore them yesterday too. <strong>Bonus - they have owls on them!</strong> :) 6. Do you own long johns? Do you know what that is? See #5 7. Ever felt like this? Yup, this entire week unfortunately. 8. Favorite cold weather food(s)? Tomato soup. 9. Tell us a story about the coldest you have ever been. Please, and thank you. Every time I sleep in boyfriend's bed. Crazy guy sleeps with his window open - yes, even in negative degree weather. I usually have a dozen blankets and make him cuddle to keep me warm. 10. True or false: Warm tongue to a metal pole in 31 degree weather leads to a lot of tears and panic. False, because it won't be my tongue on the pole and therefore it leads to a lot of laughs.
    Posted by melmac86[/QUOTE]

Best thus far!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_burrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c2583753-d4ef-4849-8312-4cdbd49e04d9Post:4fc0f1f5-0e21-4f54-87b9-accd3efbc69b">Re: Brrr?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brrr? : Best thus far!

Yeah, I'll be honest... I get a little excited to wear them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_burrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c2583753-d4ef-4849-8312-4cdbd49e04d9Post:5e2aa4ad-92d2-47a0-bc2e-3a189321b744">Re: Brrr?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brrr? : Yeah, I'll be honest... I get a little excited to wear them.

ha. I know a lot of girls like fun socks, but I always opt for white ones. Fun tights, on the other hand, are way cool to me.
  • Options
    Probably when it gets to 25-30 degrees and I have to put my ugly puffer on to stay warm

Hope my alley is plowed so I can get out.  Otherwise, I'm working from the couch.

Yep, I went to college in West Michigan.  They didn't cancel class unless there was over 4 feet on the ground.

Too many to count.  I own at least 3 pairs for snowboarding.

Yep.  I've but black and nude on underneath. I like warmth.

I own about 4-5 pairs.  I snowboard and this is an essential layer for me.

Many times growing up.  And I do remember needing to pee right after, as well.

Hot toddies, chili

MNF Bears vs Packers at Soldier Field in December about 4 years ago.  I hadn't gone GF yet and could still drink beer.  It was about 5 degrees and our beers would freeze about half way through.  It's what my dad refers to as a two Trib game.  You need one Sunday Chicago Trib for your butt to sit on and one for your feet to block the cold from the concrete.  And yes, I wore long johns:)

True
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_burrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c2583753-d4ef-4849-8312-4cdbd49e04d9Post:e0e39575-c999-46df-a93f-9b5d084bef86">Re: Brrr?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brrr? : ha. I know a lot of girls like fun socks, but I always opt for white ones. Fun tights, on the other hand, are way cool to me.

I'm not all that adventurous with my socks, either. Do you own any super fun tights? I think you should totally buy these: <a href="http://www.milanoo.com/Cute-Black-Polyester-Spandex-Night-Owl-Pattern-Womens-Leggings-p65846.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.milanoo.com/Cute-Black-Polyester-Spandex-Night-Owl-Pattern-Womens-Leggings-p65846.html</a>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_burrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c2583753-d4ef-4849-8312-4cdbd49e04d9Post:8691815b-e36b-4f2d-82d2-ee8153043031">Re: Brrr?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brrr? : I'm not all that adventurous with my socks, either. Do you own any super fun tights? I think you should totally buy these: <a href="http://www.milanoo.com/Cute-Black-Polyester-Spandex-Night-Owl-Pattern-Womens-Leggings-p65846.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.milanoo.com/Cute-Black-Polyester-Spandex-Night-Owl-Pattern-Womens-Leggings-p65846.html</a>

My tights are boring. I got tiny polked dotted ones for Christmas (black with tiny white dots) I just found these that would totally rock my world if I spent more than $12 on tights: <a href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/virivee?ref=seller_info_count" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/shop/virivee?ref=seller_info_count</a>
  • Options
    Below 20 degrees... I live in South Dakota and it's been in the teens to single digits all week. :(

Shovel my car out and go to work. If I don't have anywhere to go, I get up get a cup of hot coffee or coco, some sweets to munch on, and curl up in bed with a book or my computer.

Yes.

Three :) one thin pair, one sort of thick pair, and one thick pair.
    Yes! I've got purple, black, brown,  and mixed neon colored.

Don't own them but they make me think of the three stooges.

7. Ever felt like this?
    So many times as a little kid! Some days I still do.

Hot chocolate or coffee, hot soup, and hot dogs cooked over the fire in the fire place.

Probably when I was trying to get to work at the begining of a blizzard. We snowblowed the drive and got at least a foot of snow off my car, scrapped the ice off while it warmed up, had to re-snowblow the driveway. Then the car heater didn't start working till I got to work. To top it off the store was freezing cold so we turned on our huge bakery oven and left it open. I couldn't feel my face, hands, feet and most my legs. Only time I've gotten frostbite.

YES! We dared some kid in elementary school to try this!! It works! xD
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_burrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c2583753-d4ef-4849-8312-4cdbd49e04d9Post:75a262b6-5d93-4eeb-902a-a5e6f404f51b">Re: Brrr?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brrr? : My tights are boring. I got tiny polked dotted ones for Christmas (black with tiny white dots) I just found these that would totally rock my world if I spent more than $12 on tights: <a href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/virivee?ref=seller_info_count" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/shop/virivee?ref=seller_info_count</a>

Oo, these ones are fun, but I wouldn't spend more than about $12 either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards