Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Unity Candle Lighting

I'm having a traditional wedding ceremony, and I want to find a Christian-based song- preferably with piano- to be sung during the lighting of the unity candle. Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Unity Candle Lighting

• edited December 2011
    I would try using google.com or weddingwire.com for that one.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Love Will Be Our Hope" by Steven Curtis Chapman.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • bekahjane89bekahjane89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using "Household of Faith"... But as PP have stated, that does make a for a lengthy moment that usually wouldn't be long. Just something to consider... I'm doing it anyway. It has a great message and meaning. Some couples opt to sing it to each other... we aren't because my sweet FI couldn't carry a tune to save his life. ; )

Happy Planning!
    Beka Lou
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for your input! I honestly never thought of not playing a full song during that moment, but that's a good idea. And as far as singing to each other goes- it's such a beautiful idea, but I'm about as tone-deaf as they come... haha :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards