New York-Long Island

Wedding Ceremony help!!!!

My fiance and I rented a venue that doesn't hold wedding ceremonies in the evening. (the venue was way to nice to give up!!!) We are kind of stuck now trying to find a wedding ceremony site for our big day. We are getting married in September 2011 which gives us alittle time but I would like to start coordinating with my venue and vendors.

Any advice? Thanks Ladies!!!

Re: Wedding Ceremony help!!!!

• dunnkatdunnkat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is your reception? In September it stays light out pretty long still and the weather is perfect for an outdoor ceremony. As long as you find an officiant there are alot of places you can have your ceremony, parks, beaches , lighthouse etc. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Dunnkat. We are getting married in Westbury, Unfortunately there aren't any beaches near by. We are looking into possibly the westbury gardens. If you have any other suggestions, i would really appreicate the help!

Thanks again. =)
  • edited December 2011
    Long Beach and many of the south shore beaches are about 20 minutes or so away from westbury! They are all a straight shot up the parkway! I definitely think that you should consider that if the beach is what you would like! You also have tons of parks and gardens....CW Post has a great place to have ceremonies, and I believe there are tons of places in westbury as well....I hope some of this helped!
    Just Married Photo
  • dunnkatdunnkat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Old Westbury Gardens? On the website it says they do ceremonies & it looks beautiful !
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Try Clarke Botanical Gardens - super close to westbury - they may charge a fee, but it's something to look into.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • skinewyorkskinewyork member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that Atlantis Marine World does wedding ceremonies. Dunno anything about it, but thought I'd pass it along.
  • edited December 2011
    Westbury Gardens is Beautiful.  Its just nerve racking having to depend on the weather,  
  • JoyfulJourneyJoyfulJourney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am an Interfaith Minister who can officiate your wedding anywhere.
    My website is:
    www.joyfuljourneyministry.com

Rev. Barbara
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards