Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Planner Recommendations?

I'm looking for any recommendations for planners in the Philadelphia region.  I need someone who can work with us before the wedding, not just a "day of" coordinator.  Please pass along any names you think we might find useful.

Re: Planner Recommendations?

• edited December 2011
    Happy New Year!

Erin Proud was our wedding planner and did a great job. She's very personable with a ton of energy. Plus, she has some great connections and lots of good ideas.

www.proudtoplan.com

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Erin Proud from Proud to Plan.  We are using her for just DOC services but she's been so helpful in just about every other aspect of our planning that I don't know how I could have survived without her!  GL!
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both!

jillpaul: did your photographer add that effect or did you do it yourself?  I love it!!
  • edited December 2011
    Do NOT use Celebrations by Vivian, she called me for a consultation and when I told her my budget she told me that there was no way that I would be able to have a nice wedding with that budget. Just out of that conversation I would never use her. You should NEVER insult a bride! We have too many connections to other brides, lmao!!!! 
  • SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ouch... thanks for that too.  I would want someone who would work within my budget, suggesting alternatives, etc...
  • edited December 2011
    Chrissytina-- that sucks! Good customer service never should insult a potential customer. "Nice" is a relative term, I am sure many people who have had restrictive budgets (like I will) can pull off a "nice" wedding. I would much rather spend 10K on a down payment of a house than on a wedding dress or reception locale. 

If you are still looking, I took a class with Judy from Brandywine Valley Weddings this fall. It was about planning on a budget, but I really got a good impression about her. Whenever the time comes for me to officially start planning, she is definitely someone I would consider.
  • luvdelilahluvdelilah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelly Miller from details by kelly miller.  She has a bunch of different package options and prices.  Absolutely fantastic!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Another rec for Erin from Proud to Plan...she's our day of coordinator and we'll be having her do our invitations/other stationary as well, but she also has full-service options, and she's incredibly sweet.  During our initial consultation she gave some great ideas, and her personality is out of this world - she will definitely be a great person to have there on my wedding day.  And she was actually really affordable, in my opinion. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Carina Slater from Remember This Day.  She's been great to work with so far, very friendly and responsive and moderately priced for the service she offers. She's based out of DE,but will do weddings in PA (mine is in Bensalem).  She's been fantastic to work with so far!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Yet another rec for Erin from Proud to Plan.  We used her as a Day of Coordinator and she was absolutely awesome.  There was not one thing I had to worry about on my wedding day.  She's very detailed oriented and truly gave us piece of mind on the day of.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards