Attire & Accessories Forum

What kind of hairpiece would look better with my dress?

So I am torn about which direction to go in with my hairpiece. I have it narrowed down to two choices: a sparkly headband or a fabric flower.
Here's my dress (<---clicky if you want to see it better):

Originally, I had been planning on having a simple satin flower in my hair. However, I am not sure if that would fit with my dress. Something similar to this:

But then I was thinking that because my dress has a little sparkle to it, it would be really pretty with a sparkly headband, like this one on Etsy:

Either way, my hair will be half-up, half-down.
So which do you think would go better with my dress?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
image 167 Made the list
image 115 Accept
image 46 Decline
image 6 Not ready to decide
RSVP deadline: June 8

Re: What kind of hairpiece would look better with my dress?

• First off, LOVE your dress!! It is very modern! But still has the classic ballgown feel. Long story short, my first dress I bought was an Oleg and I still love it but it just wasn't right for this wedding. Anyways.. because the dress is so lovely and interesting, I think a headband (something not always done!) would look unique and you could totally pull it off! Flowers are classic but you'd want to make sure it'd match what's in your dress pretty perfectly.
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think the headband since you have flowers on your dress and it would be hard to match them.
  • I agree w/ PP I think that it will be easier to decide once you know what you are going to do with you hair.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love headbands in general, and I think it would really work well for you.  A flower might be a little too much, since your dress already has a big one.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_kind-of-hairpiece-would-look-better-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:253e0c0b-f129-4ab7-ae3e-47e2cb5b80e7Post:a3d075ba-ef02-49bb-8715-b2d16004ed91">Re: What kind of hairpiece would look better with my dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about a headband like this? <a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/67920256/rhinestone-double-flower-headband-style?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=GPS" rel='nofollow'>http://www.etsy.com/listing/67920256/rhinestone-double-flower-headband-style?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=GPS</a>
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

I would really like to combine a flower and headband look like that, but I can't find any that are in my budget (I'd like to spend no more than $80). That's gorgeous though!

image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
  • I like the idea of a headband.  It'll add some nice sparkle.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_kind-of-hairpiece-would-look-better-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:253e0c0b-f129-4ab7-ae3e-47e2cb5b80e7Post:f3238d25-657f-4ba4-adaf-078252f7033e">Re: What kind of hairpiece would look better with my dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is the original post appearing in the middle of the page, under some responses for anyone else?  I was so confused when I first clicked on this post, and then I finally found the OP.
    Posted by gmcr78[/QUOTE]

Yep. TK is all screwed up and confusing at the moment... :(

image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
  • I like the headband, but I agree that you will want to choose how you want to wear your hair before you decide on a hair peice.
  • Thanks for the input! As stated in my post, either way, I will be wearing my hair half up half down.
    So it would be like this, if I choose the flower (but not that kind of flower):

Or this if I choose the headband (obviously not this headband though):

image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
  • Is the original post appearing in the middle of the page, under some responses for anyone else?  I was so confused when I first clicked on this post, and then I finally found the OP.
  • Plus I can see a headband with the dress

• I like both, but the headlband is probably best :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards