Ohio-Columbus
Options

Off topic: Anyone want to foster a dog or puppy?

Not only am I a Columbus Knottie (wedding in October) but I am also the Director of a non-profit animal rescue's dog program here in Columbus. We specialize in shelter dogs (especially bully breeds). I am trying to find new foster homes since so many of the dogs and puppies I have been working on the past 2 weeks have ended up euthanized because we don't have enough foster homes.

If you're interested please go to www.petpromise.org for more info. 

Sorry, I wouldn't normally post here but I know you guys are all in Central Ohio and I can't resist trying to find a new foster home. It saves lives! We cover all medical and food expenses. I'm not sure if this is actually advertising since we're a non-profit and not selling anything, but I apologize to anyone that is offended I would post something non-wedding related here. 

Kelly 
Anniversary

Re: Off topic: Anyone want to foster a dog or puppy?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could help - but my cats do not take well to dogs, unfortunately :(

My cats were saved by a rescue organization in Cleveland, and were in a foster home the first two months of their lives. I really appreciate rescue organizations that give animals a chance for a happy life.

I don't think you need to apologize for posting this on here! You're doing a great thing by helping to save these animals. I have so much respect for people who do what you do! Good luck and I hope that you find foster homes for the dogs.
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Everytime I see your FB posts, I wish I could help! We have two big dogs as it is (a German Shepard and a Golden Retriever mix) in an apartment! I hope someday to be able to foster.  Good luck finding some volunteers. I can only imagine how rewarding it is to do something like that.
  • Options
    New MILNew MIL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm allergic to dogs but our 2 kittens came from a foster/rescue home and my husband and I were just talking the other day about how thankful we are that the woman we got them from does such a wonderful thing because we couldn't love them any more if we tried and are so grateful to have them.

And I just have to say, good golly!  That is an adorable puppy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish we could take that little puppy home, because he's just so cute! However, our cat wouldn't even let another cat in house, let alone a dog. We tried to bring another pet home, he wasn't having any of it! Kudos to you for trying to find loving homes for these precious, loving pets. We adopted our cat from a rescue shelter 2 years ago when he was about a year old, and now I can't remember what it would be like without him! He brings so much joy for us, and it feels amazing to know we did something wonderful for him. I can't imagine having that same feeling every day doing what you- must be great to know how much joy you bring to not only the animals you help but to the people who take them home.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh man... what breed is he?? looks boxer or pit-ish! He's adorable!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's an APBT puppy. I specialize in bully breed rescue/adoption since there is such a critical need for it.

:)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I already have a blue pitt.  Love love LOVE what you're doing.  Wish I could help, but I highly doubt you'd approve us. We have such a tiny home with the two dogs we do have.  Plus our 7 suprising puppies.

I will pass your link on through my facebook though.
  • Options
    AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also going to pass your link through my facebook for everyone to see.... I'm also going to send you a PM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards