Kentucky-Louisville

Ceremony/Reception Site Ideas Needed ASAP!!

I need your help brides!! I had a perfect place picked out for my June wedding, two weeks ago I received a letter saying they were starting construction a month & half before my wedding thats to last at least 12-14 mths.  Now the wedding is 6 months away & i do not have a place. I really want an outdoor wedding & if possible, to save on $$, to have the reception at the same location.  Any ideas??  I've checked with some of the more known wedding locations & of course they are booked for my day.  B/c of out of town guests(he's from TX), my sister's college graduation & other important dates I am pretty stuck with my date unless we postpone for another year (we've been planning for 2 years!!) which neither of us really want to do.  I am expecting at least 231 guests which makes it a little tougher.  Any & all suggestions are welcome. 

Re: Ceremony/Reception Site Ideas Needed ASAP!!

• ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had a gorgeous wedding at the seminary on Lexington Rd. http://www.lpts.edu/Rentals/GardenCourt/Default.asp. She had about 300 people at the wedding and it was very nice.
  • melaniems31melaniems31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be really surprised is Garden Court isn't already booked.  I would check some lesser known / newer venues. 

Gardens of Ray Eden
    Tom Sawyer Park
    Mellwood Arts Center has multiple rooms, but not sure of an outdoor cermony site

I loved my venue, My Old KY Home State Park, but they also book up quick and with lots of OOT guests the drive from Louisville might not be practical (although, I did it anyway ;)
  • tarabear888tarabear888 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Gingerwoods in Prospect.  There's a really pretty area for an outdoor ceremony and a huge deck and indoor area for the reception. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at 300 Spring in Jeffersonville...it's BEAUTIFUL inside.  I don't think it would work for an outside venue, but I've also contacted the local city parks--some of them will allow you to put up a tent on their grounds.  I am pretty sure this is the case for the park on the river in Jeff, which would give you the L-ville skyline and might be a cool backdrop.
  • hschuttehschutte member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out KentuckianaWeddings.com for tons of ideas for locations.

http://www.kentuckianaweddings.com/reception-sites
  • edited December 2011

I checked Whitehall when I was booking and they had a nice garden, I can't remember how many people it would hold.  The Conrad-Caldwell house in old louisville was really cheap, pretty and could accomodate that many people.  The only bad thing about the Conrad Caldwell house was if it rained the inside could only hold 75, so I guess you'd have to pray for nice weather. 

• Tuneful_BrideTuneful_Bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Locust Grove. Very pretty site with visitor's center and plenty of space for a tent.
  • katepetersonkatepeterson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Louisville Science Center doesn't book up as quick but is indoors. And I know June 19 is booked (mine) but when we called in Sept all the other June dates were open. They allow both ceremony and reception and will hold 250. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    For the outdoor wedding site, I would suggest St. James Court. Few people know about it, but you can rent the house out for about $700 and with that you rent out the center area (with the fountain also)! The house also provides a great backgroudn for pictures. My FI and I had this place booked for this October until we decided to "elope" in St Lucia in November. I also witnessed a friend's outdoor wedding here in July 2008, and it was amazing! They also have an area for receptions, but it only holds about 150 people maximum. I honestly don't think that St. James court books up like other outdoor wedding locations in Louisville...I think simply because it's not as well known.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards