Florida-South Florida

Omg my fmil

so long story short my fi's parents have been divorced 23 years - his dad remarried a wonderful woman who I love 20 years ago. Invite wording has now come up and at first my fmil was trying to push to just have her name and her exs name and to leave out the stepmom (all of our parents are contributing finacially). When I said no that was rude and I'm not doing it she called my fi and told him we need to order two sets of invites and can just send the ones with the stepmom to the dads family and everyone else can get the "real ones"! Ummmm absolutely not! I feel like calling her and saying grow up all names will be on the invites - you've been divorced for 23 years!! He didn't cheat with the stepmom or anything either - not that that would excuse her behavior!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Omg my fmil

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ridiculous!!

Stick to your guns and include all the names. Some people... sheesh.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How absurd of her. Stick to your guns and do what you and FI want to do. On our invites, we put...

Together with Their Parents...
    Stephanie & Ralph Invite....

That way no names were put in... FI's parents have also been divorced for almost 30 yrs... his mom is remarried, but her current husband is not welcomed at the wedding, his dad lives outside the country, and my parents are married, so in order to not complicate things too much, we did the above.

HTH! GL!
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a nut job! You do what you feel is right. Don't worry about your crazy FMIL, she'll get over it. GL!
  • Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow GL with your FMIL! I agree with pp to stick to your guns. She shouldn't be acting like that and making such a ridiculous request 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards