May 2012 Weddings

Guest Lists...ughhhh

So far no one has RSVPed no....We can afford them all but I don't want to pay!!! And to top it off today FI emails me 12 more people...he said he just realized we didn't invite his coworkers....So as of today we are officially 5 people over the maximum capacity allowed in the venue. 

I keep stalking the mailbox looking for a NO and so far no such luck....

I'm hoping people feel guilty for saying no and just and doesn't want to send them back yetYell

Re: Guest Lists...ughhhh

• Oh gosh...I am praying that about 25 people say no...fingers crossed for everyone!!
  • When we first sent our invitations all the RSVPs in the beginning were "yes" all the "no" RSVPs are rolling in now towards the end of our deadline :) I'm sure you will get some soon!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah, some of the no's will start coming - apparently people don't like to rush back declining, maybe they like to make it seem like it was a really tough decision for them that took some time ;)
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We haven't gotten any "no"s yet either! Out of the 80-ish invitations we sent out, we got 31 reply cards back and they are all "yes"s!

I know that there are a couple of people who can't come, so I am expecting about 6 people to say "no" but those people haven't send their replies back yet.

I'm starting to get excited about all the "yes"s but I really did expect more "no"s!
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_guest-listsughhhh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:276e884d-3c6e-4b68-ad51-2bc9d61d3118Post:f35a1da1-d8c7-42bb-bb39-3d6ca918d7e9">Re: Guest Lists...ughhhh</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, some of the no's will start coming - apparently people don't like to rush back declining, <strong>maybe they like to make it seem like it was a really tough decision for them that took some time</strong> ;)
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I was thinking!
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • Of the 225 people invited, we've only had about 10 guests decline so I also am hoping that a few more will say no, just to save some money. I feel bad feeling that way but it would be nice to not have to spend the entire amount set aside for the caterer if you don't have too. I will say that I have never been more excited to check the mail though!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Same thing is happening to me. Mailed my invites out last week and have gotten a lot back already and so far they are all yes (even people I wasn't expecting)! I'm  hoping to see some No's, but figure (hope) those will be the people that don't respond right away.

Anniversary
  • The first RSVP I got was a no lol. But it was someone that I knew wouldn't be able to come anyway so I wasn't surprised. I'm more worried about all of the +1s. We put "and Guest" on all of the invitations, but I don't want people to bring a random stranger to my wedding just because I gave them that option. I don't want to walk into my reception thinking who are all of these people.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have gotten 2 no's so far which is fine I expected it from both of them. The problem is we have also added 2 people. 1 I forgot had a bf and the just got engaged last week and the other is a ladies son who I didn't know lived with her my stepmother left that info out.
  • edited March 2012
    Wow, that is crazy!! So far, we only have 3 No's.. which is weird, because I thought that most of the early RSVP's would be No's.
    I do know that there will be a lot of No's, however, since FI lives 3 hours away, and we invited about 30 people from a Ohio, and the wedding is in Minnesota.
  • We have only have 5 people so far (out of almost 200!) that have said no so far.  Our venue holds 200 people, but I was hoping that (a) we wouldn't have to pack the place to capacity and (b) we wouldn't have to spend all the money we have set aside for the caterer.  It's not that we can't afford it, but it would be nice to save some $, KWIM?  I have a feeling that a lot of my family won't be coming (because they have to travel about 900 miles, and I know some won't make the trip), but I wish they would just turn in their RSVPs!  I have a spread sheet with what our catering bill will be based on how many people come, and it's nice to keep reducing the # of guests, LOL
  • Yea looks like the No's are just slackers....they have 3 more weeks left to RSVP so hopefully they send them in.

• edited March 2012
    ooo girl... I hear ya! We only got 3 declines so far. I didn't think I'd be so excited for a no lol
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You girls make me feel SO MUCH BETTER!! We've only received 7 no's but have had to add 2 people (2 SO's who got together after our invites were addressed). We've budgeted for all of them but it would be nice to save some money!! 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    So far we have had about 35 yes and 12 no. We already know of about 10 more people that won't be coming due to graduations on the same day, or unable to afford to travel.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards