Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

*cute Anna*

I saw in the cash bar thread that you're actually from CFL and getting married in Otown.  I live in CFL.  Where did you grow up?
The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
"So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

Re: *cute Anna*

• Options
    I'm not Anna, but I grew up in Port Orange/Daytona Beach. I miss CFL and want to go back. SO much better than north FL.
  • Options
    my brother got married in port orange.  it's about 45 min up the road from me

• Options
    I grew up in Orlando. Actual Orlando too, not one of the random places people say is Orlando. I'm getting married in Winter Park though.

Seshat--I like north Florida! If I ever get back to Florida I would like to live the northern part of the state.
  • Options
    Where at? We wanted to get married in Port Orange, but most of our guests would have had to drive so we just stayed here.
  • Options
    Sesh, I've always been curious and this may just be me being ignorant having lived in the Northeast my whole life, but what is Florida's First Coast?
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    TR- I live in Florida my whole life and I just had to look it up. I think it is just the very northeast corner of Florida, around Jacksonville, St. Augustine and Amelia Island.
  • Options
    ah, thanks Anna!
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I had never heard of the first coast either until I came on TK. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Yep, 1st coast is St. Augustine area because it's the 1st city in the US.

I grew up in actual Orlando as well, Anna.  Pine Hills to be specific.  You know, before it became Crime Hills.

• Options
    MRs. B, did you go to Evans? I went to Boone although I actually grew up in Oak Ridge district.
  • Options
    PUBLIX CUPCAKES!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Yum, Fish!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cute-anna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13005bc0-2670-495e-b47c-10adf69405cfPost:42167530-2281-4fa8-b530-9d06e9acdccf">Re: *cute Anna*</a>:
    [QUOTE]PUBLIX CUPCAKES!
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Out of everything I miss about living in Florida, including the weather and even sometimes my family, I miss Publix the most. Best grocery store ever.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cute-anna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:13005bc0-2670-495e-b47c-10adf69405cfPost:1c7c43c8-ae48-47ad-9e8e-2978b410be1b">Re: *cute Anna*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh, I've always been curious and this may just be me being ignorant having lived in the Northeast my whole life, but what is Florida's First Coast?
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I had a meeting to go to. The PPs are right about the first coast, but I know on TK it also includes a few cities on the west coast. I've seen a couple girls who are closer to Gainesville and even Tampa, but TK still lists it as FL's First Coast.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cute-anna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:13005bc0-2670-495e-b47c-10adf69405cfPost:224aac6f-7675-4359-af50-515eb5c1b09f">Re: *cute Anna*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *cute Anna* : Out of everything I miss about living in Florida, including the weather and even sometimes my family, I miss Publix the most. Best grocery store ever.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

No way. Winn-Dixie is the best. Their rewards card saves me almost $.60/gallon every time.
  • Options
    but Publix has the best cupcakes and cakes EVER.  Ask Fishy if you don't believe me. ;-)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cute-anna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13005bc0-2670-495e-b47c-10adf69405cfPost:ed7b2a6b-3201-4795-a27c-f0d3cdfc13f6">Re: *cute Anna*</a>:
    [QUOTE]MRs. B, did you go to Evans? I went to Boone although I actually grew up in Oak Ridge district.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Private school but my parents are both E grads.

• Options
    Anna, I love your venue!! It's beautiful!! I didn't even know that was over there. I feel like everyone who gets married in Orlando gets married at Leu Gardens.

And hell yeah to Publix!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cute-anna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:13005bc0-2670-495e-b47c-10adf69405cfPost:609fb0ff-304b-4af5-b4a5-a8cb3197c044">Re: *cute Anna*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna, I love your venue!! It's beautiful!! I didn't even know that was over there. I feel like everyone who gets married in Orlando gets married at Leu Gardens. And hell yeah to Publix!!!!
    Posted by waitingformay[/QUOTE]

I feel like everyone who gets married in Port Orange does so at Sugar Mill Gardens. And if I could have, I totally would have done the same. Cement dinosaurs and all.
  • Options
    All of our Winn Dixies are closing down here.

Publix SUBS! I'm starving now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards