New York-Upstate

Pretty Reception Venues near West Henrietta

I intend to have my wedding ceremony in West Henrietta.  I was wondering if anyone could suggest a pretty venue for a wedding  reception within about a half and hour's distance of there.  I was thinking something quaint and romantic, like a historical building or somewhere with a picturesque outdoor space.  I'm not from the area so I haven't got the best idea of what's there.

Our wedding will be small so if it can comfortably hold at least 60 people, I'm happy.

Re: Pretty Reception Venues near West Henrietta

• pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered the George Eastman House?  They have some beautiful grounds for a wedding.  Or maybe the Memorial Art Gallery?
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I apologize, the Eastman house only does ceremonies, not receptions. 
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • littleteacuplittleteacup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The indoor space at the art gallery looks like it could suit my needs very well.  Thank you,  I will definitely check it out.

Thank you for your suggestion.
  • frenchy227frenchy227 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also Artisan Works which is a cool site! The school I work at is having the senior ball there this year!
  • teddib20teddib20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The place we are having our reception at has a really pretty gazebo that they let you use free of charge when you have your reception there.... all you have to do is provide chairs. I live in West Henrietta so the venue isn't far. It''s in Mendon about a 20 min drive. Check out the site... www.ccmendon.com GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the suggestion.  I'll look into it.
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Memorial Art Gallery does not have air conditioning in their ballrooms! That was my #1 deterrent from holding my June wedding there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for that information, spenet1.  That's good to know.
  • eieiochelseeieiochelse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out The Lower Mill, the Rabbit room (honeoye falls, about 15 min. from W. Henrietta)...love it there! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards