Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

quick mini vent

can we say high way robbery? Just got a call back from one of the hair stylists and they want to charge my grandmother and my aunts $100 bucks for just a blow out! And then my two cousins who want an updo would be the same thing. How does that make any sense?!!?

Re: quick mini vent

• Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeez...I'm in the wrong business! 
    Photobucket
  • hugz415hugz415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It does suck.  I'm becoming very jaded by the fact that everything wedding related has a 300% markup on it!
    BFP#1 10/30/2011,MC 12/4/2011 9w2d,BFP#2 3/6/2012,m/c 4/18/2012 9w1d D&E 4/18/2012 BFP#3 8/12/2012 EDD 4/25/2013 Stick baby!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • laurak43laurak43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agreed!  and why do I have to pay for a trial?  Isn't that what you do to see if you want that person to do your hair / make up that day?  How else will I know if they are good enough?  Its not like I can pay for 5 trials to decide.  Does a potential employer pay the person who came for an interview?  NO!  HELLO!
  • debnchrisdebnchris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work in the business and although it does take time, I agree it's a total rip-off
    I'm probobaly going to end up doing my own hair and makeup because I dont want to pay all that $$$$$!
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $100??  Oy.

It's costing me like $60- MAX.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • RobotCakeRobotCake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $100 sounds pretty extreme for a blow out!  I thought they usually charged less for a blow out than for an updo.  My mom's will be $60 -- which seems a lot because her hair is very short, but it's the best we could do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards