Not Engaged Yet

Word to the Wise, and a Question about Hunger Games

Word to the Wise:

Do NOT buy the Hunger Games thinking you can just read it at the gym the day before your paper draft is due. You'll finish reading the Hunger Games (and manage to stop yourself from buying the second book), but you won't have your paper draft done...

My question to you all is: 

are the second and third books as addicting as the first?  (In which case, I must wait until after finals to read them...)

Why, no, I'm not procrastinating...

Re: Word to the Wise, and a Question about Hunger Games

• MtlBride12MtlBride12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flew through all three of them - also while in finals - but seriously, it was worth it, go read them now. And then return so we can discuss the amazingness that is Cinna.  
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Be - go do your homework and study for finals.  Seriously.

But yes, they were amazing.  I still liked the first one the best, but OMG they're all phenomenal
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Apparently, I really don't want to do school anymore...

But look at this awesome trailer I found!  Clicky! There's going to be a movie!

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Finish finals & then read the 2nd & 3rd book. If you start the 2nd one now you won't stop until it's finished & the same with the 3rd! I couldn't put any of them down!!!

• edited December 2011
    I couldn't put any of them down either. They were so addicting!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_word-wise-question-hunger-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1637baa-d199-41f0-a373-922cdf6e7e16Post:43d17c4d-3209-4f1c-bec9-edcc4c503232">Re: Word to the Wise, and a Question about Hunger Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]Becunning, we can be reading buddies :)
    Posted by laurenb09[/QUOTE]

<div>Yay! When can you start? I read the free sample on the kindle Monday night--ordered it Monday night--started reading Tuesday morning and was done by last night at 10. :P </div>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Clearly I am the only bad influence around here. You don't need higher education! Your knowledge of young adult dystopian literature will pay the bills!
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't crazy about the second one. I liked the first and third much better. For me, it would be safe to go ahead and pick it up.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_word-wise-question-hunger-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1637baa-d199-41f0-a373-922cdf6e7e16Post:2d21be84-688a-431d-ab0a-e44682fb89e8">Re: Word to the Wise, and a Question about Hunger Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]Clearly I am the only bad influence around here. You don't need higher education! Your knowledge of young adult dystopian literature will pay the bills!
    Posted by MtlBride12[/QUOTE]

<div>Hehe! I wish it would pay the bills.  Surely it's better than being a graduate student going into the field of education....</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_word-wise-question-hunger-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1637baa-d199-41f0-a373-922cdf6e7e16Post:b1445b14-d1f6-4301-b5a5-3938e67d59c3">Re: Word to the Wise, and a Question about Hunger Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Word to the Wise, and a Question about Hunger Games : Hehe! I wish it would pay the bills.  Surely it's better than being a graduate student going into the field of education....
    Posted by becunning2[/QUOTE]

Oh then you can definitely trust me, I just finished my master's in Educational Technology - my knowledge of hunger games/HP/Twi has sparked way more discussion than my quantitative research on adult learning in distance environments. It's an investment in your future! lol
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_word-wise-question-hunger-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d1637baa-d199-41f0-a373-922cdf6e7e16Post:bbe75b82-0ab0-48a8-b064-e88661489545">Re: Word to the Wise, and a Question about Hunger Games</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Word to the Wise, and a Question about Hunger Games : Oh then you can definitely trust me, I just finished my master's in Educational Technology - my knowledge of hunger games/HP/Twi has sparked way more discussion than my quantitative research on adult learning in distance environments. It's an investment in your future! lol
    Posted by MtlBride12[/QUOTE]

<div><3</div>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stop day for classes isn't until the 9th for me... :( And I don't know that I'll be ready to for until after finals (the 16th) unless I throw caution to the wind...
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Finish finals first, because the 2nd & 3rd books are just as hard to put down as the 1st.  I lent the first one to my MIL when they went on vacation (same time as we were on our HM) and brought the last two when we went down for Thanksgiving...she's already finished with them both.

I guess she said Suzanne Collins wrote another book series that she really liked which was Gregor the Overlander, so I might have to read those soon too.
    Anniversary
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    My favorite was the first book, but I chewed through the first two and half of the third in about a week. I slowed way down in the middle of the third book, but yea, do yourself a favor and wait!! It will be a nice little reward!
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After the finishing the first book, I ran into Barnes and Noble like a wild woman:
    "WHERE ARE THE HUNGER GAMES? POINT ME TO THE HUNGER GAMES!"

And then I didn't do anything for two days except read (and maybe sometimes eat).

You're going to have to finish finals...
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    I flew through all 3 of them the last one read non stop on a 12 hour flight.  So yes if you have finals do yourself a favor and wait to get the  next ones.  Temptation is crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    Finals? What are those?

HUNGER GAMES NOW! -cough-

But.. really.. they are super addictive. School SHOULD probably come first, but.. I just think they're worth being irresponsible. Yes? =D
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -John Wooden
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Becunning, let me put it this way:

I read books. Often. Lots of books.
    But there's a reason that the week and a half before school is done, I'm not reading anything crazy exciting ;)

I hate to say it, but there's a place for school. Catcing Fire and Mockingjay are both exciting, but I still love the first one best. :)
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I just finished the third one last night. I really liked all of them. I would wait until after finals to read them. I kept running into people on campus because I had my head buried in those books this week!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hehe. I should wait until after finals. I just don't know that I'll have a lot of time then either. Lots of planning to do for student teaching.  Maybe if I make it another week, I can read the second... then another week after that, the third? :) 
  • edited December 2011
    I wasn't expecting to like this trilogy but I read it on vacation in August and could not put it down.  Part of me just says read it now!!!!!!!!! The other part of me the reponsible adult side says wait until after finals and enjoy them!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards