Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Budget wedding help!!

My husband and I are renewing our vows on October 5th on a friday. It will be held in the Dallas, Texas area. We don't want to spend a ton of money and we have found 2 great venues that were only between $150-$250 for 4 hours, they both included table and chairs as well. Problem is, they're already booked. OF COURSE! We are coming down to crunch time, only 4 months left! And still no venue. Can anyone recommend a great venue for less than $300? Must include tables and chairs, unless it's under $100, than we could probably fork out the extra money to rent them. Somebody please help!! Also, my husband is military, so if you know of places that offer military discounts, that may help.

Re: Budget wedding help!!

• edited May 2012

My husband and I are renewing our vows on October 5th on a friday. It will be held in the Dallas, Texas area. We don't want to spend a ton of money and we have found 2 great venues that were only between $150-$250 for 4 hours, they both included table and chairs as well. Problem is, they're already booked. OF COURSE! We are coming down to crunch time, only 4 months left! And still no venue. Can anyone recommend a great venue for less than $300? Must include tables and chairs, unless it's under $100, than we could probably fork out the extra money to rent them. Somebody please help!! Also, my husband is military, so if you know of places that offer military discounts, that may help.

• edited May 2012

I would suggest Winfrey Point or the Filter Building at White Rock Lake, but I'm betting that's what you are talking about when you say you found great venues that are booked.

You could also check Event 1013 in Plano, Maggiano's Little Italy, or really any restaurants.

Anniversary

• I 2nd a restaurant. With such a short time span, i'm afraid all of the popular budget wedding venues will be booked. Are you religious? You could also rent your church's banquet space. Our is super cheap for members ($25/hr).
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
  • I like the Brookside Center in Hurst. (Link) It's $250 for the entire day.
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Try the El Fenix rooftop downtown or that similar place in Ft. Worth.

Is your date flexible? Do the places you want have any openings for weekends in October?

Also, how many people are you expecting?

• Thanks for the responses. Our date is not flexible unfortunately. We are expecting around 100 people. For the venue, we will be bringing our own food, so I don't need a venue that supplies food.
  • Where I am getting married it is considered Budget 'friendly' venue. Not sure if they are booked that day or not....try Specail Moments in Lewisville.
  • ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    You could try Weston Gardens. Their space rental for showers, birthdays and "anniversary celebrations" start at $250. Weddings are much more costly, but since yours is just a vow renewal maybe you could tell them that it will be low key (e.g. you won't need much assistance) and hopefully they would be willing to give you the small event rate. It's worth a try.
    Anniversary
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Are there any Elks lodges in the area with a banquet hall? I just went to one up in New England that was suprisingly really nice! It had banquet tables, a dance floor and a long bar. It was a great set-up for a wedding. They even had a gazebo outside where the couple got married.
  • jmp2004jmp2004 member
    First Comment
    Elks Lodge is a great idea, also, check with the Masonic Lodge is downtown Ft Worth.  Not sure of their price range, but the facility is really nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards