Snarky Brides

Unconventional wedding

Planning a wedding with my sister and her fiance, yes a double-wedding! Any suggestions, ideas? We are planning on a wedding in October and our colors are fall reds, oranges etc.

Re: Unconventional wedding

• Use the Doublemint Gum jingle as your recessional.
    panther
  • <p>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unconventional-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d946c2dc-baf6-4633-ad04-dd80e0451b0fPost:5000b72f-3993-4ed6-b7d7-9f33aeb7bf96">Unconventional wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Planning a wedding with my sister and her fiance, yes a double-wedding! <strong>Any suggestions, ideas?</strong> We are planning on a wedding in October and our colors are fall reds, oranges etc.
    Posted by andala23[/QUOTE]

Start on your month board.</p>
    <p>or </p>
    <p>Start on your local board.

or

Start on the "Fall Weddings" board.

OP, these can all be found in the sidebar on the left.
    <<<----------------------------</p>
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unconventional-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d946c2dc-baf6-4633-ad04-dd80e0451b0fPost:59e34e0a-8d3d-4b57-959f-775615ab2135">Re: Unconventional wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Use the Doublemint Gum jingle as your recessional.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>Ha! Or have Doublemint as your favor.</div>
  • Paint pinecones with glitter and use them as centerpieces!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unconventional-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d946c2dc-baf6-4633-ad04-dd80e0451b0fPost:82d10e68-47b4-4678-a54c-d1caf8065a9b">Re: Unconventional wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Learn to compromise. <strong>Sounds like a clusterfuck of a headache to plan to me.</strong>
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Me too.

In order to plan a double wedding with my sister, I'd probably have to take up whiskey.
    panther
  • I went to a double wedding when I was in HS, and it was outdoors at a rose garden, with a gazebo acting as the altar. It was nice and pretty, but you could definitely tell that the entire wedding was from just one of the brides' points of view. It was definitely NOT a joint effort. Oh, and both couples have since divorced. Not saying the joint wedding had anything to do with it, but mentioning the joint wedding reminded me of that.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • If both couples have either very similar views on what you find to be important OR have different ideas of what is important to you and are willing to comprimise on everything else, I think it could be really cool and fun. 

If any of you have things that are both really important to you and different from what is really important to one of the other people getting married, that's going to be rough. Start now by figuring out what is most important to each of the people getting married... and try to remember that you'll probably have to let some of the little stuff slide. 
  • Thanks for the tips, doublemint would be funny if we were twins but not so. So far things are looking good, we've pretty much agreed on everything..we'll see how the rest goes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards