Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

What's New Wednesday

So.. what's new in everyone's lives?? WR, NWR, etc.
AW anything that happened from the past week.

I already AW'd my job interview and bridesmaid dresses.  

My new thing is that I'm currently on the lookout for cute fall dresses/outfits to buy for our e-pics that are in October.  I'm an awful dresser, so finding something cute is hard for me!

Re: What's New Wednesday

• edited December 2011
    I hear you on the e-pic outfits. We're getting ours done in October as well, and I have zero style so it's going to be interesting lol.

We went to Sandcastle on Saturday, and were about to leave when the power went out. So we got raincheck tickets good through next summer. Sweet!

We're working on our registries this coming Saturday. We've already started one at BBB, but I don't know how to pick the second store. Every place seems to have the same stuff, and the ones that are different (like Williams-Sonoma, Crate&Barrel) don't have locations near any of my family so it would be kind of stupid to register there. Argh. But once we get past picking a store I'll be excited to wield the scan gun! :)
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• edited December 2011
    @ mook-- have you thought about macys? I know that's one of my top picks and they have a lot of locations...
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My new (well, kind of old) thing? Trying to figure out a honeymoon. We want a beautiful resort with good reviews, but we don't want to break the bank. So, we're looking at Mexico.

But I'll be damned if I can't make up my mind on a resort. And FI doesn't care, all he is concerned about is being able to drink the water.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

Let's see - Ordered STDs from Vistaprint today, I couldn't believe how inexpensive they were! Really glad about that, because I wasn't looking to spend a whole lot. Still trying to get ahold of our reception venue manager to go over some details - but he's obviously not wanting to talk to me as he hasn't emailed me back or returned my calls in over 2 weeks - grrrrr. This weekend I am off call and it is FI birthday - hoping it will be fun!

Panther - Like you, we are also trying to plan a honeymoon. We are looking at Sandals resorts, I think maybe St. Lucia, but it is pricey. The Riviera Maya Sandals is a lot less expensive I've noticed, if you want to check on that.

MD - Love your wedding band. We are making progress on BM dresses as well! Congrats on the job!

Mookow - We have to register too, definitely BBB and maybe Macy's. Williams Sonoma and Crate and Barrel are so expensive and IMO very plain and not that special for the price.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lindsay, I know a lot of people who have been really disappointed with some of the Sandals resorts. I don't know anyone who has been to the Riviera Maya one, so that's not a chance I'm willing to take.

Thanks though!
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    panther - JL did somewhere on Isla Mujeres, Mexico. not sure if it was sandals, but I remember she liked it!

lindsay - I did my STDs through vistaprint too - love them.

mookow - Macy's might be a good choice for you!  I registered at amazon and BBB, and may do a few items at crate and barrel, but I think you could do everything through a macy's or BBB if you wanted.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, we have thought about Macys. Or Kohls. We're going to hit up both this weekend and see which one would work better for us!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

barbie - my good friend just got back from her vaca at this place:

http://www.excellence-resorts.com/caribbean-and-mexico-destinations/excellence-playa-mujeres

She said it was awesome - and way better than Jamaica which is where she went on her HM. She went to this Excellence resort on the recommendation of someone else who had gone there on their honeymoon and loved it! just my 2 cents!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    D, that's one of the places I'm looking at, so thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    @mookow   FYI-- I would look at some of the reviews for Kohls registry on line first. I hear they have a really bad return policy.
  • edited December 2011
    NWR: Finished the third day of school here, found a new skating coach, and bought more groceries.  I am counting down the days until Saturday so I can head to the beach and visit family.  And I'm trying to figure out this health insurance thing...

Not much is going on in my wedding world, especially since my planner is in PA.  Mostly looking for cake designs and flowers online, but I still have tons of time.

md-new clothes would be nice.  I'm terrible at finding stuff that can do double duty (work and play).  It's only gotten worse, since I have no clue on where to shop around here.

panther-I'm leaving the honeymoon up to my FI--he's been more places than I have, so I'm trusting his judgement.  He's major requirement is that the hotel/resort has a swim up bar.
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In regards to registries, if you have younger guests I wouldn't worry about having one without locations nearby. Every wedding gift I've ever bought I've done online and had the store directly ship the items to the couple ahead of time. BBB should be good for people who want to shop in person (quite frankly as a guest I think it's so much easier to just order online!)

We're doing Macy's, Sur La Table (great for foodies - again, pretty much have to order online in most smaller cities), and Crate and Barrel. We played with the scan guns last weekend and had a lot of fun. 
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!  I'm a little late today, but excited to share that I had a fabulous shower and bachelorette party this weekend!  The shower was a "garden party" set up on a tennis court with a huge tent. It was absolutely gorgeous and everything that I hoped it would be. For the bachelorette party, we kicked off the night with a ride up the Duquesne for some pics on Mt. Washington. Then we went to dinner at the Melting Pot and out for a little fun, followed by a stay at the Westin.  My friends and family are fabulous and made this such a memorable day for me:)

MD - have you checked The Loft? They always have some great fall picks!

Mookow - we went with BBB and Macy's, although most items are on the BBB list. I thought that both places are accessible, but I did want to give choice for convenience.

Panther - any resort sounds amazing! lol  I don't have any advice to give but goodluck choosing!

Lindsay - ditto on the Vistaprint STDs. I was extremely happy with both how they looked and the price!  That website is fantastic for wedding needs!

Milichal - only 2 more days of work and then beach time for you. Must be nice:) Enjoy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards