Missouri-St Louis

Small and intimate venue

Newly engaged and we're wanting to have a small and intimate venue (we have approximately 50 guests). We are also looking for something that is outdoors and I would love to have it near water (but this isn't a huge requirement). Our date is 9/21/12. My bridal party is very (very) small and again I cannot express the desire enough of something intimate and yet unique (and around dusk as well).

Because it will be so small we're also looking for a more informal dinner over a reception (I already know that I will be getting a cupcake "cake" from The Cup :0)

Re: Small and intimate venue

• edited December 2011
    Try the Conservatory on Main Street in St. Charles. http://www.gardenwedding.com/  I think it holds about 50 people. I think there are some restaurants on Main Street that might accommodate a party of that size for the reception
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FrimblesFrimbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This might sound a little silly, but the steamboats would fit your criteria. The Tom Sawyer and the Becky Thatcher are reasonably priced for what they are, and they're on the water, not just near it. It'd be intimate, with the Tom Sawyer only seating about 130. That'd give the guests of roaming room. Plus, having your own steamboat for a night would be very unique(and awesome.)

http://www.gatewayarch.com/Arch/info/act.riverboat.group.aspx
  • cgeithmancgeithman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the steamboat idea!!

A friend of mine had her wedding and reception at the Hawken House in Webster Groves. It was so cute. There is a little garden area for the reception and then a larger room with a cozy fireplace for the reception.

Our ceremony and reception is at the Seven Gables Inn in Clayton. It's a super cute boutique hotel. They have a courtyard inside we're using for both ceremony and reception.

Another thought would be Overlook Farms in Clarksville, MO. They do both large and small weddings but the food is fabulous and if you do your reception in the outdoor restaurant area, it's FREE! as far as venue cost.

Somewhere in Hermann might also be a good choice. Those wineries are so pretty and have great food, and te river is right there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards