Michigan-Detroit

Re: MMPP!!!

• edited December 2011

Did you go shopping on black Friday?
    Nope I hate crowds and lines, but Austin went. He took a long nap and left the house 11:30 Thursday night. Came home at 7:30 Friday morning with about 80% of the shopping completed

What time? Too damn early. Toys R Us opened at midnight and he wanted to be there.

What did you find? Drum set for Brooklyn, first laptop, etc

• edited December 2011
    No. I planned on it but I had to have a plumber come first thing Friday morning so I didn't have the time or the money by the time the plumber left.

Cry

Our money situation has me in a serious funk right now.
  • edited December 2011

Did you go shopping on black Friday? Yes and now I'm sick as a dog.

What time? I met my friend at Toys R Us at 12:45 am after she was done there...then we got in line at Best Buy around 1:00 am and sat and waited and waited and waited till 5:00 am when the store opened...never. again.

What did you find? I bought FI a netbook for $179! And as if Best Buy wasn't enough, we went to Kohls and I saved over $100!

• edited December 2011
    Did I go shopping? Yes, but later in the day

What time? abuot 8 pm

What did you find? A bunch of kids clothes. I'm the meanest aunt ever!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Did I go shopping? Kinda- mostly did my shopping online since I had to work that day.

What time? woke up at 6 for work and went shopping after work.

What did you find? I got FI an ipod touch for $179 with a free $30 GC to Amazon.  Then a couple of other things for my nieces. 
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Lisa R, your hubby went shopping in the middle of the night on black Friday and got 80% of your shopping done?  I can't believe I'm the first to comment on this.....you're LUCKY!  And I'm envious!  I haven't even started to think about shopping.  Eeek!
  • edited December 2011
    Did you go shopping on black Friday? Yes

What time? I left my house at 3:45, was in the Wii line at Meijers by 4am.  Funny thing, the ad said they'd have 50 per store (turned out they had 57), and I was #49 in line!  Good thing I didn't hit that snooze button one more time...

What did you find? A Wii!!!  Came with a $50 gift card, so basically it was $150.  FI and I decided this would be our Christmas gift to each other. Smile
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes.

What time?
    Not crazy early.  Left the house at 11:30am and was home by 3:30pm.  Went to Toys R Us, Kohls, and Target.

What did you find?
    Doorbuster digital cameras at Toys R Us.  Digital picture frames and Christmas decorations at Kohls.  A variety of toys at Target.  I did about 60% of my shopping.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • efabianefabian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sure did.

What time?
    I was at JCPennys at 4:04am.

What did you find?
    Doorbuster present for mom, new 40" LCD TV for me and FI, random presents from B&BW and other Westland Mall Stores. I got a good chunk of my shopping done :)

• terbear_86terbear_86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you go shopping on black Friday? Heck Ya

What time? got to Wal-Mart at five mins to five am, got into the store about 5 30

What did you find? Game and pjs for my son, puzzle for my brother, digital cam and two memory cards ( one card for me, cam and other card for my mom) underarmor knockoff for FI, and a toilet seat for FI and his roommate since the dog chewed the one they have been using. OUCH. Also a stocking and some candy and fillers-- all in all spent under $180 so I am pretty happy with myself.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_mmpp-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:3f04582b-bbe6-4dcd-9f52-866d7e2944a6Post:c8989ab0-a394-4eaa-b7be-4a5af402066b">Re: MMPP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lisa R, your hubby went shopping in the middle of the night on black Friday and got 80% of your shopping done?  I can't believe I'm the first to comment on this.....you're LUCKY!  And I'm envious!  I haven't even started to think about shopping.  Eeek!
    Posted by kristinandbill[/QUOTE]

Yes he did. We compiled a list of what we wanted and he went. I had no idea it would have been all nighter. I knew he was going to Toys R Us but then he ended up going to Target and Walmart. There is no way in heck I would have done it. He said he had a blast
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_mmpp-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:3f04582b-bbe6-4dcd-9f52-866d7e2944a6Post:e8ab93f5-30ce-43d7-bd58-5b67bf813d0c">Re: MMPP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MMPP!!! : Yes he did. We compiled a list of what we wanted and he went. I had no idea it would have been all nighter. I knew he was going to Toys R Us but then he ended up going to Target and Walmart. There is no way in heck I would have done it. He said he had a blast
    Posted by LISA R[/QUOTE]

You are one lucky girl!!
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes

What time?
    8am

What did you find?
    Not a whole lot on my camp - but my sister bought my niece (her daughter) a Disney Princess singing Vanity/Piano and a Disney Princess Bed.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards