New Jersey
Options

What's your ceremony music?

I am really struggling with this, because honestly I don't know what the hell I am doing....haha.  All I know is that I definitely want them to play Canon in D Major, but I don't really know when they should play that, when the bridal party is walking down??? I don't think I am too into the Wedding March but maybe if they played a softer version I would be okay with it.  My ceremony is only about 20 minutes. So I need them to play something while guests are getting settled,(is this necessary?) Bridal party walking down. Me walking down.  And then something to play after???  Please help.  

Re: What's your ceremony music?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I let my guitarist just do instrumental versions of anything he wanted while people were coming in, and while the boys walked in.  my bridesmaids and (at a certain point) I came into Life House - You and me, and our recessional was Accidentally In Love.  I wanted fun and since I wasn't a big fan of the traditional thats what I felt comfortable with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All I know for sure is I will be walking down he aisle to a pretty, instrumental version of "God Bless The Broken Road".
    Still trying to figure out the rest!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Felicia - do you have a DJ or orchestral?  Maybe we can help with more suggestions then. I think the princess bride suite is very pretty as well.
    We area having our DJ do this so I know we are using "If you're  not the one" Daniel Bennigfield when I walk in and Stay with You goo goo dolls for the recessional.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've loved "Canon in D" since I was a little girl and I've always told my family that when I get married I wanted to be the one to walk down the aisle to that song even though a lot of brides have their bridal party walk in to it and then the bride walks in to "Trumpet Voluntary" or "Here Comes the Bride."

So, I think I'm going to have the bridal party walk in to the piano version of "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" (no Lion King reference, just because it's a really pretty song... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDEABnrO494) and I'll walk in to "Canon in D" and then the recessional will be "Everything" by Michael Buble and/or "Signed Sealed Delivered" by Stevie Wonder.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am letting the trio of musicians play nice classical pieces for the guests arrival. The BMs will walk down the aisle to Vivaldi's Spring and I will be walking down the aisle to Canon in D. The recessional FI and I are still deciding on. I would like it to be some sort of Irish influenced piece. But that may be hard to come by.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Felicia,

Here was my program:

Prelude Music: Guests taking their seats and Parents of Bride/Groom walking down aisle:  Bach: "Jesu Joy Of Man's Desiring", "Sheep May Safely Graze", "Be Thou With Me", BWV 508

Processional:  This is a hymn but it's great as a wedding march
    "Priase My Soul The King Of Heaven"

Recessional:  Handel: "Water Music: Alla Hornpipe"

You can download most of the music on iTunes, Napster.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal party enters to “Canon in D” by Johann Pachelbel
    I enter to “The Bridal Chorus” by Richard Wagner

other stuff in between, if you are curious let me know but it's pretty standard Church ceremony music.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto with bridal party enters to canon in D and I enter w/ the bridal chorus.  Very regal :) 

I don't know if you're getting married at a church or outside of one, but sometimes churches will only allow traditional wedding music.  Double check :)
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone.

Sparkles I am getting married outside on the beach, so I don't have to worry about that.  
    Emily- I have an orchestra but I think for the ceremony we are only using keys and one string piece.  So I guess I can talk to them about it.  I just wanted to have some ideas of what I like before we meet with them.  

But the more I hear it the more I don't like the Wedding march.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm not doing anything traditional...
    we'll have them just play whatever while people are sitting.
    BM's will walk to: Lucky Trumble by Nancy Wilson
    I will walk to: Here There Everywhere (instrumental) by the Beatles
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My BM's will walk in to Canon in D.  A I will be walking to a bagpipe version of Wagner's Bridal Chorus (to honor my FI's grandmother who passed away 2 weeks ago)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards