Washington-Seattle

Car Rentals

Ugh. The bane of my wedding existence.

FI does not want to rent a limo on the day of the wedding because, to quote him, "it's like a hundred dollars an hour".

*facepalm*

Anyway, he wants to rent something. And I'm not just willing to be driving around in a rented economy car on the day of the wedding. Any suggestions on where to get something cool that's not a limo?
Anniversary

Re: Car Rentals

• edited December 2011
    You may want to remind him that even a rental car will charge you by the DAY, which can be at least $70, and then you have to pay for gas as well. Might as well suck it up and have someone chauffeur you around!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    h and i rented a mercedes from enterprise...we got it for very cheap ($120 for 3 days) because a GM worked there...the problem was we didn't really have a driver, and we relied on said GM to drive us around..which he failed at. our videographer ended up driving us to the reception..that was embarassing. i say get a limo...it's not everyday you have a wedding!
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    jennlin - that's more along the lines of what FI was thinking of renting. But you ladies just confirm what I'm thinking thinking :o)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What does the forecast look like? Could you get a fun convertible like a Mustang?

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_car-rentals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:d51372a1-8a42-4cde-bcc6-17af5235d7c0Post:e35e0634-68f8-486a-b6cd-91546aa3f672">Re: Car Rentals</a>:
    [QUOTE]What does the forecast look like? Could you get a fun convertible like a Mustang?
    Posted by niq24601[/QUOTE]

niq, judgint by the ticker, we're looking at january...and i wouldn't want to be in a convertible in january!
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    Brittish Motor Coach has classic cars. try them
  • edited December 2011

It's in February actually or else a convertible would be fun!!!!

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What about a town car instead of a full-on limo? We used one for a getaway trip to celebrate DW being done with the bar exam and I think it was only $45 plus tip. The trick is convincing them to let you not get the wedding package, but the good news is that there are enough town car companies that there's real competition so one of them should do it.

BMC limo is __expensive__, it'd be cute but unless your FI is in to vintage cars he won't want to spend the money on it.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh, good tip niq!

I'm cool with a town car. I think FI's hidden agenda, really, is that he wants something cool he can drive. I just want something that will get me from A to B and fit my dress :o)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards