Honeymoon Discussions

Great article on how to negotiate better hotel room rates due to the poor economy

There's a couple of websites included in this that are helpful, plus some great ideas.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35523545/ns/travel-rob_lovitt_columns/

Re: Great article on how to negotiate better hotel room rates due to the poor economy

• That had some great advice! I'm not sure I could ever haggle a room rate though haha! I would be too nervous! Has anyone actually done this?
    Photobucket
  • It's a great article.  The key is to know the market before trying and be flexible.

There are some hotels here it would work because they have been hit hard.  They were only running 50% last year.      It would harder at the resort I work at because we were not hit as hard from the down economy. Not impossible, Sept and Oct are our low times and we basicially give rooms away.  Nov-Aug we are pretty much booked expect for a random day here and there so not much wiggle room.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards