Connecticut
Options

Honeymoon List

Hi Ladies,

My FI and I are going to Sandals in St Lucia, does anyone have a list of things that they brought or are bringing with them?  Things you didn't bring and wished you had, things you brought and did not need??  I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
G

Re: Honeymoon List

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No but can I come????
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My HM list:

~Sundresses
    ~New lingerie
    ~Bathing suits and coverups
    ~Lots of flip flops
    ~Outlet converter/adapter (we'll need one)
    ~Passport
    ~Books and mini dvd player for the plane
    ~Camera
    ~Waterproof disposable camera for water excursions
    ~Sneakers for hiking to the waterfall
    ~My "Just Married" flip flops

Things I won't need:

~Hairdryer (make sure your hotel has them in the rooms if you use one)
    ~Towels (your resort should supply them, but check to make sure they do)
    ~Tons of outfit changes, I'll mostly need bathing suits, coverups, and sundresses for dinner.
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to add the basic needs such as toothbrush, deodorant, razor, contact case and solution if you wear contacts. Shampoo, soap, body wash, etc.. should be in your room at the resort, but again I would check to make sure so you don't forget to pack it, but don't pack it if they supply it. HTH!
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    NICE! We are totally looking into there too!!!

Where are you staying????
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_honeymoon-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:b79f5f54-a77d-48cf-b259-05299a13e98bPost:5d34095d-aa4d-4518-b6c5-703b9dcba49d">Re: Honeymoon List</a>:
    [QUOTE]No but can I come????
    Posted by ZoeTheDog[/QUOTE]

hahahaha
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We honeymooned at the Sandals Grande in St Lucia.  Honestly, I spent all day in a bathing suit, cover up and flip flops.  We did a tour of the island (by water and land) and I wore the same thing on that.  When we did the ziplining, I did wish I had a pair of longer shorts or capris b/c the straps made my shorts ride up bad.  Also, if you're going to go Ziplining bring a baseball hat...those helmets are gross and I wasn't comfortable just using the hairnet they gave you if you didn't have a hat.  Other than that, I bought several long and short dresses for dinner and a nice short/shirt set.  I DEFINTIELY packed too much!

Also, bring sun screen (if you're checking a bag)!  It's pretty expensive in the resort store.  It gets VERY hot.  A sun hat/baseball hat for laying out might be a good idea too.  After the first coupe of days, my scalp burned, so I kept my hat on the rest of the time. Although, there's lots of nice shade sitting at the pool bar  ;-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_honeymoon-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:b79f5f54-a77d-48cf-b259-05299a13e98bPost:f798288d-b8f2-4419-a8cb-9f8762077bf1">Re: Honeymoon List</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon List : hahahaha
    Posted by crushme8602[/QUOTE]

Crush you can come too!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha I'm already going there for our honeymoon.... but, you can come - hell - let's just take a Knottie trip down there with everyone!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to St. Lucia, too!  Which Sandals are you staying at?  We're staying at the Grande. 

Oh, this may seem dorky, but I always bring a little first aid kit whenever I travel.  You never know when you might need some Neosporin!  Haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • Options
    gabs0122gabs0122 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THanks so much ladies!!! We are also staying at the Grande and we are so excited to go, cant wait to relax!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got this somewhere.. not sure where.. so I'm sorry if I copied it from someone here :-/

Must-haves:

• Airline tickets or e-ticket confirmation
    • Passport/visas/driver's license
    • Credit cards (take only those you'll need)
    • Hotel/theater reservation fax confirmations
    • Traveler's checks
    • Two sets of photocopies of all of the above, plus a photocopy of related medical and/or trip insurance coverage and prescriptions (carry one set with you, leave one in the hotel room)   - -I don't think I'll be bringing this- -
    • Phone numbers for your doctor, house/cat sitter, and credit card companies (in case your cards are lost or stolen) - -I don't think I'll be bringing this- -
    • Prescription medicine (in the original bottle)
    • Travel locks (combination lock recommended -- no key to lose!) and ID tags for luggage (inside and out)
    • Camera

Her Stash for a Week (tweak for destination, activities, season):

• 1 pair jeans or khakis (for cold airports and the plane)
    • 1 light jacket or pullover (take one that can be tied around the waist or stuffed in a backpack)
    • 1 nice sundress
    • 1 little black dress
    • 1 cardigan (for chilly restaurants)
    • 4 play shirts (T-shirts, tank tops, short-sleeve button-downs)
    • 2 pairs shorts
    • 2 swimsuits (bikini for the beach, one-piece for water sports)
    • 1 swimsuit cover-up
    • 1 pair walking shoes/sandals
    • 1 pair evening shoes/sandals
    • 1 evening purse
    • Extra socks and underwear
    • Bras (strapless and otherwise)
    • Accessories (scarves and jewelry to "stretch" your wardrobe)

His Stash for a Week (tweak for destination, activities, season):

• 1 pair jeans or khakis
    • 1 pair nice slacks
    • 1 light jacket or pullover (take one that can be tied around the waist or stuffed in a backpack)
    • 4 play shirts (T-shirts or short-sleeve button-downs)
    • 2 pairs shorts
    • 2 polo or button-down short-sleeve shirts
    • 1 sports jacket (for nicer restaurants)
    • 1 swimsuit
    • 1 pair walking shoes/sandals
    • 1 pair lace-ups
    • Extra socks and underwear

Pack Here -- Don't Buy There:

• Insect repellent (and anti-itch cream for the bugs that break through)
    • Sunscreen and lip balm

We were goin to go there but then my soon to be in laws didn't want to pay that much.. even with 50% off.. So we opted for an all-inclusive resort in Cozumel Mexico with a swim up terrace :-) very exciting.. Sealed

HTH 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards