Ohio-Cincinnati

Ceremony places in NKY??

I am looking for places to have my ceremony in NKY in October of next year. Does anyone have any suggestions? We would prefer to not have it in a church and we are having the reception at the Fort Thomas Community Center. Thanks!!!
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Ceremony places in NKY??

• edited December 2011
    Inside or outside?  If you're having the reception at the Community Center, can't you do the ceremony there also?  I'd recomment the Madison or the Grand but I don't know if you can book ceremony only without reception too.  What size is your guest list? 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_ceremony-places-nky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:d0d093a8-f3aa-486f-b5c3-731c4543705ePost:7b213c1c-40f2-48bb-802c-e26bb26dce8e">Re: Ceremony places in NKY??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Inside or outside?  <strong>If you're having the reception at the Community Center, can't you do the ceremony there also?</strong>  I'd recomment the Madison or the Grand but I don't know if you can book ceremony only without reception too.  What size is your guest list? 
    Posted by belle19dV[/QUOTE]

You can, my cousin is doing this exact thing.

Also, just call up a bunch of churches in the area. Almost all of the non-catholic churches do outside weddings for a certain price. Asbury United Methodist in Highland Heights is beautiful and accomodating for sure.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not picky about inside or outside. We can have the ceremony there but it would be either inside and have the guest seated at their tables or a little space outside on the front entrance area.... neither of which I'm too thrilled about. I am just looking for some more options.

We are having 150 guest.

Thanks!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is going over the river an option? You may have more to choose from over there...

also the gardens at park hills has more than one room but I am not sure if you rent it just for a ceremony..
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I would totally do it in the lawn of the community center, your guest list is small enough, plus no driving to the reception site! we are doing our ceremony and reception at the Aquarium and are excited about the no driving from place to place.
    imageimage OCT 2012 May Siggy! Engagement rings! Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    the reception hall in ft thomas is really nice,  i have been to a bunch there and they have all been beautiful., on top of that, the staff is great. also you could look at the pavilion they just built next to it as the ceremony location.
  • edited December 2011
    I do love the amphitheater they just built right next to it! I would love to have the ceremony there but they can't promise that it will be ready to go by my wedding. It just makes me nervous to take a gamble on something so important.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I am looking into all of them.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    You can hold a ceremony in the Riverside Room at the Newport Acquarium for 1000.  That includes chairs and setup.  The only catch is if it is a Saturday you have to be out by 4pm.  Also, the parking situation...  Your guests would have to use the garage or walk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards