California-Los Angeles
Options

What does it cost for an LA-area wedding planner?

I'm trying to help my DD plan her wedding in LA (Santa Monica) from out of state and we defintiely need a planner.

I have no idea what the normal costs are -- and none of the websites I've checked have pricing.

Soo ... could anyone on this board give me an idea of what a full-service wedding planner would cost?

What if I just wanted to hire a "day of" coordinator?

I realize every planner probably has a different fee schedule, but if I could even get a ballpark figure it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Re: What does it cost for an LA-area wedding planner?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    From my research, I found "Day of Coordinators" starting at about $1000.  For full coordination, it was anywhere from $3-4K and up. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_what-does-it-cost-for-an-la-area-wedding-planner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:b73019a7-3967-4355-ab89-0d0b39134177Post:f44c7b59-015f-4b03-90f9-2232aba34f47">Re: What does it cost for an LA-area wedding planner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]From my research, I found "Day of Coordinators" starting at about $1000.  For full coordination, it was anywhere from $3-4K and up. 
    Posted by star623[/QUOTE]
     thanks!
  • Options
    ChabeliPsChabeliPs member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    My friend just got married and uses P.S. & Associates Event Planning.
    They are super sweet and really great priced.
    www.psplans.com
  • Options
    The ranges you have above are about right. There are also sometimes packages in between Day Of Coordinating and Full Planning (but this sometimes becomes confusing). If you want a couple of referrals, let me know. I have a great day of coordinator (she's a great overall planner) and I ran into another along the way (which was awesome but a little too pricey for us). 
  • Options
    I have a great one if you need a refferal. Private message me.  They are great and work really well together. Super prefectionist. I love it
  • Options
    I have a coordinator for the whole process but she's been amazing and also does DOC from $500-$1000 depending on what you need done.  Her name is Christine www.amazingarrangements.com  I highly reccommend them!
  • Options
    Some planners charge a percentage of your total budget.  Other's have a flat-fee regardless of budget.  I recommend the latter.

Coordination also depends on how much she needs; day-of, month-of, or the full-scale.  Plenty of brides do month-of, as that's the most affordable, but even with all the help I got from friends & family, I am so thankful that I got the full-scale coordination.  I paid a heftier tag than some of the figures on here ($4,000) but she did save me over$20,000 with just my venue alone.  Most planners should be able to provide deals & discounts with vendors that end up paying for themselves.

Best bet is for you & her to swing by an Expo, take a few cards of the coordinators that do Day-Of, and have her feel out which one she likes best!

Anniversary
  • Options
    You should try my planner, Becca, she is amazing.  kissnmakeupu4u@yahoo.com  She and her husband are a team, so you really get two planners.   Becca is an airbrush makeup artist as well, and I really feel like I hit the jackpot with her.  She is completely amazing, and has been a dream come true. You cant go wrong with her
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards