Hawaii

Recently married girls!

So - how's life treating you post the Big Day? Anyone experiencing wedding withdrawl? Any plans on how to cope with it?

Re: Recently married girls!

• edited December 2011
    I thought I would have all this down time after the wedding......welll friends got job transfer so threw a going away party today and had 25 people at my house.  My "Las Vegas mom" fell and broke her hip and shoulder so spent 3 days at the hospital and getting her moved to a rehab center this week, so, so far.... no time to breathe or withrdrawl.  Still just wishing I had some wedding pictures.......
  • edited December 2011
    WOW, Sandy, that's a lot to deal with!

On one hand, I'm having major withdrawals--not from the planning, but from the wedding itself.  It all went by waaaaaaay to fast.  Especially since I felt like I was robbed of some planning and Hawaii time due to my illness.  I'm dying to get my pro photos and video back--i think that will help me relive it.

I'm not having planning withdrawals whatsoever.  It's nice to be able to focus on other things now, but I think I will get creatively frustrated, so I'm going to have to find a creative outlet, after I pass my last CPA exam (I passed the one I took right before the wedding, yippee!!).

I really miss dance classes, so maybe I will look into that soon, and I just joined Junior League, so I know I'll be busy with volunteer work.

But I would love to have the chance to relive my wedding day given the chance, no doubt about that!
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having full-out withdrawal and depression!!!!! I can't believe it went by so fast and that I'm now back at work. Everything there is just so beautiful, every day was magic. I don't know how I'll cope....just trying to get over my jet-lag now and trying to get motivated to finish planning my AHR. DH started his residency the day after we got back and he's working 80 hour weeks now- I won't see him for a few months, so I will have to fill my time while he's away. Maybe on The Nest, lol. We did sign a contract to build our new house this weekend, which is super exciting :) Should be finished by November.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andrea, congrats on the house! Very exciting! I have three months under my belt now and the withdrawl gets better and better every week. I am finally down to only looking at our wedding pictures 1-2 times per week and we had our final wedding celebration last weekend at our AHR. I am completely OVER the planning part of it. I just miss the experience of the actual day. I've thought about going to TheNest but just haven't had the time or balls to make that step yet. I would miss this board too much!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards