Nevada-Las Vegas

In need of Flamingo reception ideas

My fiance and I just booked our ceremony at the Crescendo Pools at the Flamingo. We were originally looking into doing the restaurant across the way, but it turns out that that's a bit out of our price range.
We want to keep the reception simple and have roughly 40-60 guests. We're only looking for appetizers and drinks. Not so much a full seated dinner.
We had heard something about a terrace at the Flamingo which fit about 40.
If anyone has any information, or other ideas for a semi-small reception in the vicinity of the Flamingo, please let me know!
I could really use some help and I'm running out of ideas!

Re: In need of Flamingo reception ideas

• There's a tequila bar at Ballys which would be easily walking distance of Flamingo; maybe see if they'd let you rent it out for a private event.  It's not typically in heavy use so I would hope they'd be happy to have a captive audience of 40 people for drinks and apps; they have cheap tacos and other snack food, and good drinks.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We're going to walk the 15 minutes to the Wynn buffet. We were told it's going to be $37 per person and you can book you're own room.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_in-need-of-flamingo-reception-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0ea6c1a9-301f-44b2-b942-08e25ca2fbbcPost:1dafa019-bb56-44c3-9e3a-c5e5bb2daea9">Re: In need of Flamingo reception ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to walk the 15 minutes to the Wynn buffet. We were told it's going to be $37 per person and you can book you're own room.
    Posted by Kris10bixler[/QUOTE]

Walk to Wynn from Flamingo in 15 minutes?  I'd make sure your guests bring comfortable shoes; if I was at a wedding at Flamingo and wore my dress shoes and a suit, I'd be pretty pissed off if I was then told to walk a mile to the reception.  (And it is actually about 1.10 miles from Flamingo to Wynn once you factor in carnaval court at Harrahs since it's impossible to walk direct)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• In Response to In need of Flamingo reception ideas:

We got married at the Flamingo and hoped to have a reception at Margaritaville, but found it very crowded and extremely noisy once we got arrived a few days before the wedding.  We made a last minute decision to reserve a table for 15 at the Carlos and Charlies mexican restaraunt at the Flamingo.  It had great food and service and the prices were reasonable (and is almost adjacent to the gardens out back so no walking!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards