Just Engaged and Proposals

Just engaged about two weeks ago

Hi, I am newly engaged! My fiance proposed to me in front of his family at Walt Disney World! It was at Magic Kingdom in front of Cinderalla's Castle! It was so incredible! We both cried because we were so happy. We are big Disney people, despite being 24 and 25 years old. Should we discuss  a wedding budget first? How much is an average wedding? Thanks!

Re: Just engaged about two weeks ago

• Well congratulations! I c we got engaged around the same time yeaaaaa!...well how we decided on our budget... basically we decided how much we can save out both our paychecks and divided by 12 months since we are getting marred in June '13..... once we figured that we did the budgeter on TK to see how much things will cost so we won't go over. but the budget to got to be affordable.
  • We were probably in Disney at the same time! Congrats!! Disney is an awesome place to start a life my big sister was married there <3 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Congrats!

Yep, I think a budget is the best place to start. As far as what's normal, it really just depends on what you can afford. I don't think anyone should go into debt over a one-day affair. For some people, they can afford and want a $30,000 wedding and for others, they can only afford/want a $5,000 or less wedding. Some people go to the courthouse and get married for the price of a marriage license and are insanely happy with that decision.

I'd sit down with FI and figure out what you both can afford, then start dividing up the budget. After you have a budget, you can start looking into dates and venues.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_just-engaged-about-two-weeks-ago?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:adcea9db-0812-4854-8d1b-90a037900c37Post:21131a0e-2c1d-4e90-a84d-6307ea806665">Re: Just engaged about two weeks ago</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! Yep, I think a budget is the best place to start. As far as what's normal, it really just depends on what you can afford. I don't think anyone should go into debt over a one-day affair. For some people, they can afford and want a $30,000 wedding and for others, they can only afford/want a $5,000 or less wedding. Some people go to the courthouse and get married for the price of a marriage license and are insanely happy with that decision. I'd sit down with FI and figure out what you both can afford, then start dividing up the budget. After you have a budget, you can start looking into dates and venues.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE] Thanks! My FI is in the navy. He will be out in 2014, so that is when the weddding will be. Since he is ib the navy, we may have to do a courthouse wedding, but then we want to do sommething special after that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_just-engaged-about-two-weeks-ago?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:adcea9db-0812-4854-8d1b-90a037900c37Post:f45af4a0-0e7b-4619-9e85-5f0e9619e1f1">Re: Just engaged about two weeks ago</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just engaged about two weeks ago : Thanks! My FI is in the navy. He will be out in 2014, so that is when the weddding will be. <strong>Since he is ib the navy, we may have to do a courthouse wedding</strong>, but then we want to do sommething special after that.
    Posted by bearbear1[/QUOTE]

Why do you have to do a courthouse wedding since you don't want to? Why not just wait and get married in 2014?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards