Ohio-Cleveland
Options

reviews of window on the river

Windows on the River is my first choice for our wedding reception and cermony. Has anyone been to a wedding there and what did you think? We are going to go and visit on Wednesday. We prefer a place that is pretty much all inclusive.

Re: reviews of window on the river

• Options
    Our wedding was at Windows on the River. They did an amazing job and the food is fantastic.
  • Options
    Alek4Alek4 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I have not had a wedding with Windows. But I was there for a company gathering. And I wasn't really impressed. Their plates were scratchy/old looking and I had dirty silverware and a few people had dirty glasses. The food was okay, but the desserts were dry. 

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I'm having my wedding there this August. The place seems really nice but the service has been completely awful!! I picked it because it's pretty inclusive as well, but I have never gotten a call from my consultant there once (my wedding is in 2 months). They really keep you in the dark and rarely return calls. When I asked what the included centerpieces look like, I was told that they didn't have any pictures of them, or the linens, or the place settings, or anything. I was told to look at the website but I was warned by this staff member that the catalog pictures are centerpieces, linens, etc that someone brought in, not necessarily included in the package. As aggressive as their deposit is ($3000 to reserve your date), and as much as they charge per head, I assumed they'd be more communicative or polite.

Very unprofessional.
  • Options
    blew28blew28 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    We went today to look at Windows on the River. Before we went we went to look at the locations of Sammys in the Flats and Sammys @ the Metropolition Ballroom. The Ballroom was beautiful!! We will be looking at having our venue there. But I did ask about their centerpieces-she told me that they were votives in water with gerber daises. Nothing special. I would contact a florist and inquire about using your own. We weren't impressed with Windows at all.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_reviews-of-window-on-the-river?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:cf0389d0-8a10-453d-a442-c229b733603dPost:5ffa5415-b5c6-4dbe-bcf4-b431cd03b2f6">Re: reviews of window on the river</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my wedding there this August. The place seems really nice but the service has been completely awful!! I picked it because it's pretty inclusive as well, but I have never gotten a call from my consultant there once (my wedding is in 2 months). They really keep you in the dark and rarely return calls. When I asked what the included centerpieces look like, I was told that they didn't have any pictures of them, or the linens, or the place settings, or anything. I was told to look at the website but I was warned by this staff member that the catalog pictures are centerpieces, linens, etc that someone brought in, not necessarily included in the package. As aggressive as their deposit is ($3000 to reserve your date), and as much as they charge per head, I assumed they'd be more communicative or polite. Very unprofessional.
    Posted by IndiaJG[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I would definitely raise H#$%. You are 2 months away and they are this unresponsive. That's aweful. If need be, go there and corner the event coordinator and don't leave until you have ALL questions asnwered!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_reviews-of-window-on-the-river?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:cf0389d0-8a10-453d-a442-c229b733603dPost:5ffa5415-b5c6-4dbe-bcf4-b431cd03b2f6">Re: reviews of window on the river</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my wedding there this August. The place seems really nice but the service has been completely awful!! I picked it because it's pretty inclusive as well, but I have never gotten a call from my consultant there once (my wedding is in 2 months). They really keep you in the dark and rarely return calls. When I asked what the included centerpieces look like, I was told that they didn't have any pictures of them, or the linens, or the place settings, or anything. I was told to look at the website but I was warned by this staff member that the catalog pictures are centerpieces, linens, etc that someone brought in, not necessarily included in the package. As aggressive as their deposit is ($3000 to reserve your date), and as much as they charge per head, I assumed they'd be more communicative or polite. Very unprofessional.
    Posted by IndiaJG[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards