Ohio-Columbus
Options

Alterations help

I am just trying to get some ideas for a good alterations person.  I will be getting my dress in February and need it ready for my May wedding out of town.  It's lace so it needs to be someone extremely good.  Thanks for any advice you can give.

Re: Alterations help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Linda Hine. She did my alterations for my wedding this past May. My dress had beaded lace, and she had to do some major tailoring to my dress and veil and after she was done it looked absolutely perfect. I would make your first appointment soon after you get your dress in February, because she books very quickly. Her contact is linda@sewperfectforyou.com and her website is sewperfectforyou.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Alan Ray of Alan Ray Bridal. He did an awesome job given my dress had a lot of detail and beadwork. I have also heard good things about Linda Hines as well.
  • Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Linda Hine, and she was excellent, but perhaps a little on the high side, price-wise.  She is very thorough and good at what she does. 
    Here is her contact info:
    740-548-4628 / linda@sewperfectforyou.com  She works out of her home in Lewis Center. 
    I had success calling and emailing her.
    She only does appointments T/W/Th. and the evening appt. times are 5:30, 6:00, and 6:30, I am not sure what the day appt. times are because I only went in the evenings.  If you know you are getting your dress in Feb. and want to use Linda, I would go ahead and make your appointments in advance, then you get the best choice of appoinment times because Linda does all the work herself, and only does fittings 3 days/wk.  LInda recomments 3 fittings total. 

Good luck! Once your dress comes in, things definitely feel a lot more real! :)
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning to use Linda Hine, just because of all the great things I've heard about her on this board. I used Joyce at Alterations on Lane for a bridesmaid dress recently. She did a great job, too. She was a little hard to get a hold of, which is the only reason I'm not using her for my wedding dress. But if you live near UA, she'd be a convenient option and her work was excellent.
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll second Alan Ray, he did a wonderful job on my dress, which was also all lace.  I didn't need it taken in, but he did comment on how he worked his butt off on the same dress for a super petit girl that practically needed her size 2 cut in half. 

I had 3 layers taken up, a 5 pt bustle, and halter alterations done for about $200. Having lace taken in, if you need it, your probably looking at about $350-$400 with a good tailor, like Alan or Linda. 

He seemed to run a tight ship, being the only tailer who will touch your dress in the shop.  He's got quite the personality though, I kind of think of him as a New York fashion guy in Columbus... like can be a little snobbish, but he does great work. 

• Options
    sherise40sherise40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone ever heard anything about the stitching witch?
    -Sherise Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rwowsleyrwowsley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alterations by Joyce!

She is not a technology fan, so you have to call, but she is awesome and not too pricey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards