Wedding Invitations & Paper

Program Count Question

We are going to DIY ceremony programs.  I am wondering how many we should make?  We are inviting 200 peeps to the wedding, but it's a Friday wedding at 5pm, so I really don't see too many people making it to the ceremony.  Does anyone have a good way to figure how many programs we should make? Of course we don't want to run out and have guests upset they didn't get one, but I also don't want to make 200 and have 100 leftover.

Thanks!

Re: Program Count Question

• OMG!! I am having the same thoughts!  Our wedding is a Friday evening @6pm...200 guests.  We do not want to have programs left behind and so forth.   I am going to post a Program question on the April and May 2012 boards to find out what the majority of brides did.
  • Generally I would say make 1 per couple. That could help narrow it down. You said 200 are invited. Have you received any RSVPs to use as a starting number?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would take your actual RSVP # (lets say 150) and then print slightly more (lets say 165).... sure you might have some left over, but there will always be someone who wants 2!

Any left overs at that point in time can go into a keepsake box, or possibly a shadow box of wedding items along with some pictures, and invitation and one of the favors as a very nice gift for your parents and in-laws as well as for yourselves.

I personally usually get 2 from any wedding I am invited to and put one together like that for the bride and groom with some of the more candid photos of the two of them. and I have never had a couple not excited to see their big day nicely framed and lovingly assembled to display on their wall.
  • LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    One per couple
    One per single person
    A dozen extra

This is what we recommended to clients at the stationery shop I worked at, and it worked very well for them.

I highly doubt anyone will want 2 programs, and most couples will not want one per person. Don't overdo it - there will be plenty to go around.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_program-count-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:d8128adb-bc20-4f13-8f2c-2e8d19d4d409Post:f54ac957-352b-4fce-8db7-c0c5f0ff77a9">Re: Program Count Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG!! I am having the same thoughts!  Our wedding is a Friday evening @6pm...200 guests.  We do not want to have programs left behind and so forth.   I am going to post a Program question on the April and May 2012 boards to find out what the majority of brides did.
    Posted by AMISSA31[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Please let me know what the April and May brides say! :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards