Florida-South Florida

Gift/Thank Card Question

Good morning! 

We received a gift last night that was wrapped up pretty. I didn't know if we were supposed to wait to unwrap it or not. And we already know what it is because it comes with a receipt lol. So is it ok to send a thank you note that mentions the actual gift?

Re: Gift/Thank Card Question

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what the "proper" etti. on this is but I'd wait until after the wedding to open the gift and send the card then.

Hopefully someone knows the real rule!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what the etiquette is either, but I don't see why you would have to wait until after the wedding to open it. I don't really think people expect that. I'd open it, but wait to send the Thank You card until after the wedding. I wouldn't want to send a Thank You card for the gift and another to thank them for attending the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I received some checks with declined rsvps. I decided to deposit them and send a thank you right away. I didnt want the person to wait for the check to clear. I also just received a gift last night (and know what it is) but am waiting till after the wedding to "open" it and send a thank you. The reason I am waiting till after is because we just went to a wedding and send a gift 2 weeks early and they sent a thank you before the wedding and I was like ooo I wish we got it after.. but I think you can do either. I am going to wait to send them after with actual gifts.
  • edited December 2011
    From what I've always heard, you always send a thank you card as soon as you receive the gift. 
    (Also, that way you don't have tons of cards to send out after the wedding or forget who sent what)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'd heard to send a thank you card right away if you got a gift before the wedding. That way the sender knows you received the gift. And it's nice getting a few thank yous out of the way before the wedding!
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just send the thank you card now. This way you get it out of the way and the people who sent the gift know you received it.
  • efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, open & send a thank you card right away, not only is it proper but you don't keep the person wondering if you ever received the package.

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I've been sending thank you notes as I receive them but never got one wrapped! I'll go ahead and send a thank you note
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_giftthank-card-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:455a7224-2458-44ca-a5cc-483d72659bd3Post:9821f408-e78e-4e8f-b48a-a5dfa1554280">Re: Gift/Thank Card Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd heard to send a thank you card right away if you got a gift before the wedding. That way the sender knows you received the gift. And it's nice getting a few thank yous out of the way before the wedding!
    Posted by mblab[/QUOTE]

This

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards