California-San Diego

Wedding Coordinator?

I think I need a Wedding Day Coordinator.  Anyone you can recommend?  I cannot spend more than $500, but need someone just to help with setup and rehearsal.

Thank you.

Re: Wedding Coordinator?

• edited December 2011
    I am using Courtney with after the engagement and she is very sweet! i also believe her packages are within your price range. here is a link to her web site. 

• edited December 2011
    I'm also using Courtney with After the Engagement - she is very nice and helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    I recently got married and used Ashley Cargil from I Do Weddings.  She was absolutely amazing, I couldn't have done it with out her.  She took care of all of the details that I didn't even think of.  To top it all off, my husband and I didn' thave time to check into our honeymoon suite the day of the wedding so Ashley checked us in, left us a bottle of champagne and decorated the room with rose petals and handed off the keys to us at the reception.  Now thats attention to detail!

http://www.sdweddingplanner.com
  • edited December 2011
    I used Julie Scrivener from The Best Wedding For You.  She was an absolute lifesaver!
  • edited December 2011
    I was married this past fall and used Angie from Absolutely Events.  I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful she was to work with.  And, she customizes her packages and tailors it to what you need, and so that you are able to get the services that you need within an affordable budget.  She was a sweetheart to work with and our wedding day was perfect thanks to her!  I highly recommend her!   angie@absolutelyevents.net
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Melissa of I Do...Weddings! (she is the owner--Ashley, mentioned above is a planner) and have been thrilled. I am confident in her and also recommending her as two of my friends also used her. She is fabulous, and even has her own TV show on WE. It is called "The Wedding Planner" and was filmed a year ago.
    www.sdweddingplanner.com
  • edited December 2011
    In helping my best friend I came across Simply Chic and Weddings Made Splendid on Facebook. You might want to check with them; they're pretty responsive.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    What is a reasonable price for a day of only coordinator? I was considering booking someone and her price is $1500 for the day. I think that seems a little high. I was hoping to pay half that. Is that reasonable? Can I find someone for around $800. By the way my wedding is in Santa Barbara so unfortunately the above recommendations don't help me. I'm more interested in whether I should keep searching for someone with a better price or if $1500 is reasonable or the "going rate" in So Cal. 
  • edited December 2011
    I used Courtney from After the Engagement and she was awesome at our wedding. I'm not sure what her rates are now, but they're most likely around $500 for DOC services. When I was looking for a coordinator (back in late 2008) I could find a DOC for under $500...I think $1500 is pretty steep. Have you thought about contacting some of the SD DOCs to see if they'll travel up to Santa Barbara?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks thats not a bad idea. For $500 I can definitely pay for a night's stay up there and still spend half of $1500. I may look into that. 
  • edited December 2011
    Got lots of great reviews about Courtney Tibbets After the Engagement.. but she's booked on my day and I'd be using her assistants.. does anyone have reviews about her team???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards