February 2013 Weddings

Dress Issue

So the dress I bought that my mom had promised to help me alter isn't going to work (my mom refuses to help now); therefore, I am looking for a new dress and am torn between two and was wondering what y'all thought.  PS - I am a plus-sized person. I'd try them on and have pictures but the store I wanna go through doesn't have them in my size at the moment.

Hi-Lo Lace                                               Mermaid Lace

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Feb13 Siggy Challenge

Re: Dress Issue

• Hi Hope!!

So sorry that your mom will no longer help you :-(

I picked the hi-lo!  I may be partial since my dress is also a high lo :-D
    choice 2 doesn't do it for me...i don't think i like the bottom very much
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks. It's mainly because I can't seem to get the weight off again (I was losing alot and then gained it all back plus for no reason).

My youngest sister liked that one too, while my FMIL like the other. I'm waiting to see what my mother, my FSIL, and my Fi has to say (Fi because I care about his opinion since it's his wedding too and he's paying for my dress).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Let us know what you decide on!  
  • I like the high-low one too!  Great chance to show off some fun shoes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So it ended up being my FSIL, youngest sister, and my mother all went to the store and found out that neither dress looked good. :( But we ending finding one on sale (which the store owner gave me an additional discount to fit into my budge!!!) and it looks awesome. Pics to come when I pick it up sometime this week or next. Only issue I had with all this is my mom saying how awful it is that I have gotten so fat :'( and still be completely against us marrying at this time. :/ Oh well, plans and deposits are in and Fi and I are determined on this now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • I am so sorry you are going through this with your mom!  Of all people, your mom should be uplifting you during this time!  You are a bride and will be beautiful on your wedding day!!  I can understand being honest with you if the dress just didn't look right, but to be hurtful about it is just not helping :-(  From your posts in the past few months I understand you've had lots of stressful events going on..that could have attributed to your recent weight gain.  Hopefully as things progress you can destress and get motivated to take off some of the weight.  Good for you for keeping your plans the way you and FI want them!  In the end, this day is about the two of you beginning a marriage and your opinions are the ones that count!  Hang in there girlie!!! 
  • Thank Julyet! My family has always been on me about my weight, but leave my sisters alone (I'm the oldest, so I get all the critizism all the time). Hopefully I can begain losing weight now that things have settled down. I'm getting the dress on Friday so I'll post pictures then.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • yay! i can't wait to see it :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards