Connecticut

Help Me Find An Affordable Groom's Cake!

Does anyone know where I can get an affordable groom's cake in Connectiut? Even if someone just has a friend that likes to make cool creations out of his or her kitchen - please send their info my way! Thank you!!

Re: Help Me Find An Affordable Groom's Cake!

• cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what area you're looking for but The Chocolate Rose Bakeshop does some DELICIOUS cakes and was very reasonable the last time I used them.  They actually have a contract with our venue so we are using them for our wedding cake too.  I was also thinking of looking into a groom's cake from there as well for the night before.  Her website is www.chocolate-rose.com.  She's out of Griswold right now but she is opening a new storefront in Norwich VERY soon!!
    Anniversary
  • cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay I just looked at her website myself and it's a little outdated for what she reallly does.  Check out her facebook page for some more up-to-date stuff :)

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What are you looking for? Do you have an idea already? I might have a cool friend who does fancy stuff in her kitchen LOL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Where are you looking in CT?  Kelly's Sweet Rewards in Brookfield did our wedding cake and has made numerous carved/sculpted fun cakes for us... including a giant lobster! lol! She does a ton of groom's cakes.  Her prices are pretty affordable too and the cakes are DELICIOUS.  Take a look at her website and the flickr site that she has a link to. She has a ton of pictures posted of the cakes she's done.

http://www.kellysweetrewards.com/

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    also, Mary Sagendorf in Vernon is doing some cool cakes out of her home. If you google "mary sagendorf cakes", her blogspot page should come up.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_affordable-grooms-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:f83574fa-3e62-4807-9567-387dc8957d16Post:3a7d95b3-30f2-4046-b628-27d8ac66c93c">Re: Help Me Find An Affordable Groom's Cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure what area you're looking for but The Chocolate Rose Bakeshop does some DELICIOUS cakes and was very reasonable the last time I used them.  They actually have a contract with our venue so we are using them for our wedding cake too.  I was also thinking of looking into a groom's cake from there as well for the night before.  Her website is <a href="http://www.chocolate-rose.com" rel='nofollow'>www.chocolate-rose.com</a> .  She's out of Griswold right now but she is opening a new storefront in Norwich VERY soon!!
    Posted by cgbabe229[/QUOTE]

I second this! Erin is wonderful and VERY reasonable!!!
    Anniversary
  • GotDaGiggles8GotDaGiggles8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like to a sculpted cake of a German Shepherd ( we just got ours a few months ago and he's my fiance's second true love)  Let me know if your friend can help!  Thank you so much!
  • GotDaGiggles8GotDaGiggles8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you. Congrats and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards