April 2012 Weddings

We're All Seriously Getting MARRIED!?!

Every once in a while it hits me. I'm getting married. I'M GETTING MARRIED! 

I'm a 25 year old woman at the beginning of her career, about to become a wife...in 4 months.

Anyone else get slapped in the face with that reality today?

Re: We're All Seriously Getting MARRIED!?!

• haha yes!!  A week or so ago as we printed our invitations I was like... crap... we are actually getting married!  The long engagement made me sorta feel like we'd never get to the actual wedding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_were-seriously-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:b270f2a3-a75f-4793-8efd-30469ffb3e8cPost:bd6c8401-0924-4913-88f2-aac49b0727b5">We're All Seriously Getting MARRIED!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Every once in a while it hits me. I'm getting married. I'M GETTING MARRIED!  I'm a 25 year old woman at the beginning of her career, about to become a wife...in 4 months. Anyone else get slapped in the face with that reality today?
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm still trying to digest the fact that college is behind me, aside from a 8 week paralegal course in February til the end of March, so the marriage aspect has to catch up haha.</div><div>
    </div><div>What do you do?

</div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_were-seriously-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:b270f2a3-a75f-4793-8efd-30469ffb3e8cPost:a0754771-3bdd-4394-a6f3-b00d04b8d903">Re: We're All Seriously Getting MARRIED!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're All Seriously Getting MARRIED!?! : We have a 9 month engagement, so it's just flying. I graduated last year with a BA in Biology and work in Regulatory Affairs at a biopharmaceutical. It's a pretty boring desk job. So, I just started my own Mary Kay business also. I love it! I'm working hard at it so that some day I can quit my boring job & do MK full time. 
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

<div>Dang girl, props to you! That was actually my major originally, but I never got into any of the major classes because I changed after the first semester to History. I wanted to be a dentist, but science and math are so over my head. My MOH just changed her major from Bio to Criminal Justice because she couldn't handle it anymore lol. Organic chemisty and genetics did her in. </div><div>
    </div><div>I looove Mary Kay! One of my BMs mom does it full time and also loves it. </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • 22 month engagement here!  I work two jobs so I was glad I gave myself extra time to attend to the details, although I think on the flip side it's given me WAY too much time to overthink things LOL.  He ended up proposing in June 2010 and we definitely wanted a spring wedding and since I didn't want to plan it in less than a year that made it spring of 2012.

Time does fly though.  I booked my bridals back in January for a photo shoot in November and got my proofs on Friday.  It sure seemed far away when I  scheduled it but now it's over and done!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_were-seriously-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:b270f2a3-a75f-4793-8efd-30469ffb3e8cPost:7922e4e6-16ca-461a-929b-e651cea22de4">Re: We're All Seriously Getting MARRIED!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're All Seriously Getting MARRIED!?! : Dang girl, props to you! That was actually my major originally, but I never got into any of the major classes because I changed after the first semester to History. I wanted to be a dentist, but science and math are so over my head. My MOH just changed her major from Bio to Criminal Justice because she couldn't handle it anymore lol. Organic chemisty and genetics did her in.  I looove Mary Kay! One of my BMs mom does it full time and also loves it. 
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]
    Horray for Mary Kay! I really love it too.<div>
    </div><div>I was originally in pharmacy school and had a really hard time with organic chemistry, so I dropped to a BA in Biology. I could've gotten a BS, but I didn't feel like waiting another semester to take ONE more Calculus class (Calc 3), so I settled. I actually loved genetics & developmental bio. I'm a total nerd! {My FI makes fun of me when I bring astrophysics books to read on the beach}</div>
  • I had a 23 month engagement so it feels like it has taken forever! Back then it felt like I was planning spomething that would never happen! Now it is so close and I'm stressing voer all the little things I want to do (mainly my DIY fun projects).  I know this next month will just fly with christmas and new years, I need to get on my projects asap!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_were-seriously-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:b270f2a3-a75f-4793-8efd-30469ffb3e8cPost:f74bc53c-7200-48ef-8a90-528a15dac78c">Re: We're All Seriously Getting MARRIED!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha yes!!  A week or so ago as we printed our invitations I was like... crap... we are actually getting married!  <strong>The long engagement made me sorta feel like we'd never get to the actual wedding.</strong>
    Posted by mdphd[/QUOTE]

<div>Saaaame here. How long was y'alls? We had a 16 month engagement.  It still feels so far away, even though it's getting closer (as dumb as that sounds haha). </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_were-seriously-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:b270f2a3-a75f-4793-8efd-30469ffb3e8cPost:b2fa7ba5-ab22-46ec-b108-f78604a1b1f8">Re: We're All Seriously Getting MARRIED!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to We're All Seriously Getting MARRIED!?! : I'm still trying to digest the fact that college is behind me, aside from a 8 week paralegal course in February til the end of March, so the marriage aspect has to catch up haha. What do you do?
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]
    We have a 9 month engagement, so it's just flying.<div>
    </div><div>I graduated last year with a BA in Biology and work in Regulatory Affairs at a biopharmaceutical. It's a pretty boring desk job. So, I just started my own Mary Kay business also. I love it! I'm working hard at it so that some day I can quit my boring job & do MK full time. </div><div>
    </div>
  • Ahh so crazy. We will have had a 16 month engagement, it's actually our engagaversary this weekend! I just found out my dress comes in after the New Year so now it defintiely feels real!!!
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rlavach - I did a bio bachelor's too...just finishing up my PhD now.  Also a huge nerd. :)
  • we're having a pretty short engagement  compared to everyone else (8 1/2 months!), so it's wierd to think that our engagement is halfway over.
    He waited a while to propose (ok, it kinda felt like forever, but that's not the point), so we'll be getting married exactly 2 months shy of our 5 year anniversary.  We've known we wanted to get married for about 3 years now, but 2 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with stage 2 melanoma, so we postponed all marriage talk until I was healthy and bills got paid.  I'm so happy that both of those have huge checks next to them and we're finally getting married!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_were-seriously-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:b270f2a3-a75f-4793-8efd-30469ffb3e8cPost:bd6c8401-0924-4913-88f2-aac49b0727b5">We're All Seriously Getting MARRIED!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Every once in a while it hits me. I'm getting married. I'M GETTING MARRIED</strong>!  I'm a 25 year old woman at the beginning of her career, about to become a wife...in 4 months. Anyone else get slapped in the face with that reality today?
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

Yes!  It really hit me last week when we got the invitations!!  YIKES and SOOO exciting at the same time!  :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I cant follow this thread at all.  Em, I had a 22 month engagement...I cant believe we're down to 4 months!
  • It is flying by, but i can't wait!  We will have had a year + 1 month engagement.  I have a feeling i may get a little stressed out in a month or so, but i am just trying to enjoy the ride!
    ~~Sabrina~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will end up having a 11 month engagement! And I can't believe how fast it's going! 

I wish TK would stop screwing up so I wouldn't get dizzy trying to follow threads! 
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • I am with you ladies!!  I just ordered my invitations last weekend and its really starting to hit me - I AM GETTING MARRIED!! So much to do.  We had a short engagement compared to others - 9 months.  I wish the best of luck to all of you April 2012 brides.
    wedding countdown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_were-seriously-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:b270f2a3-a75f-4793-8efd-30469ffb3e8cPost:15400354-1415-4380-a589-1577ec63fc1c">Re: We're All Seriously Getting MARRIED!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]rlavach - I did a bio bachelor's too...just finishing up my PhD now.  Also a huge nerd. :)
    Posted by mdphd[/QUOTE]
    Whoa, you beat me in nerd points. Everyone I know with a PhD has gone a little cray cray...so I'm stayin with my little BA. <div>
    </div><div>TK has really been grating on my nerves lately. This thread looks like a mess! It's so hard to tell what response is where. Ugh. </div><div>
    </div><div>Point is, we all have endured several months of engagement (some longer than others, some with more trials than others) and are now counting down from 4 months. </div><div>
    </div><div>It is getting so real. When I read our invites the other day, I totally started crying. 'Mr & Mrs. SDHFJKSDH request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their daughter...' <---Wait, that's ME!
    </div>
  • My engagement will be 13 months.  So I guess it is pretty typical.
    I have a BA in criminology and I am a probation officer.

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• 16 month engagement for us. Still can't believe how close it us getting!! I have to pinch myself to remind me it's real.
    April 2012 - October Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards