Military Brides

Love these bags!!

I just love these bags made from hubbys acu's click the banner in my siggys to take a look they do purses, diaperbags, and all sorts of accessories including the cutest wedding gear,  garter belts and clutches are adorable!

Re: Love these bags!!

• nraposa7285nraposa7285 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh sorry siggy didnt add give me a minute to fix it
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry, as someone who wears this uniform, I seriously side-eye people who carry these purses and anything like them.  We fight in this uniform.  I have friends who have died in this uniform.  It isn't cute and it isn't ment to be worn as a purse.  Also, your H's rank is not ment to be worn as an accessory. He earned it.  It is not yours to wear. 
    While we are at it, one more thing.  If you think, "Army Wife, thoughest job in the Army!"  is a cute statement, you might want to reconsider the fact that you are sitting on your ass eating icecream while people actually in the Army are getting friggin shot at. 
    Ok, I'm stepping off of the soap box now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    2 posts and both of them are advertising a product, eh?

And a tacky one, at that. 

People fight and die by these uniforms. They are not accessories meant to be made into cute bags that I carry my cell phone and tampons around in. My husband's rank is HIS rank, it doesn't belong on my purse. 

There are other ways to display pride as a spouse or fiance rather than totally tearing apart a uniform and turning into a purse. 
    5/100
    "So if you decide to date the guy from Applebees instead will your new SN be "mypearlshisapron?" Your new sig can be "putting the ho in nachos.""- DNBeach12
    PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto what everyone else said. And that shiiit is fugly.
  • Samantha175Samantha175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if anyone will read this after 5 days of no one posting on this topic but I have to stick up for the original poster.  First a little background on why.  My husband/very best friend is an FMF Doc in the Navy.  He has been deployed with the Marines twice.  Once to Iraq and once to Afghanistan.  He has nearly been blown up 3 times, had his back broken when an IED blew up in front of his vehicle, had a bullet barely miss him going through his med pack while running to the aid of a fellow serviceman, seen more firefights and bullets headed his direction than I care to imagine, and saved the lives of more Marines and civilians than I ever will even being in the healthcare field myself.  The only thing that brought him home was prayer and I thoroughly believe that.  Why bring this up?  My husband knows I'm proud of him and that I thank God every time he comes home alive but he wants everyone to know how proud I am that I am married to a doc.  My husband found out about these bags (knowing that I am a seamstress myself), gave me a set of his camis, and asked me to make one with his rate and rank on it.  I have yet to make the bag but, I will make it at his request and I will carry it proudly on my shoulder.  This does not mean that I think that everything about these bags is necessarily correct... being a wife is a challenge but it's definitely not the hardest job in the Navy.  However I do think that if a husband gave up his uniform for his wife to have that bag then that is what he wanted and if you respect him enough to put his life on the line to defend your freedom then you should also respect his decision to allow his wife to turn his uniform in to a bag.  You are entitled to your own opinion on the attractiveness of the bags.  On a side note, I also think to assume that all military wives sit on their butt and eat ice cream is ridiculous, for the record, I don't really like ice cream all that much or any kind of sweets for that matter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Two years ago, my husband was shot while on his 10th deployment.  The 7.62 round entered his upper arm, fractured his shoulder blade and blew a 3 inch hole in his back.  He was loosing so much blood, they were pushing 4 bags of fluids into him at once.  They brought him back via CPR three times.  Ask you doc H how damn near impossinble that is.  The doc who treated him is a good friend of ours.  Because I am a Soldier, he opened up to me about that night.  My H should be dead right now.  The only reason he came home is because of prayer and his love for us.  I spent 6 weeks cleaning and dressing the huge hole in his back.  I still can't smell a certain soap because that is what I washed my hands with before and after every dressing change multiple times every day.  I have part of his blood soaked, cut up ACU top in a box under our bed.  Should I make a purse out of that? 
  • Samantha175Samantha175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Listen this is her husband. This back and forth banter is bull. You need to stop running your mouth about deployments because there is no way on this earth or in the U.S. Military that your husband has completed 10 COMBAT! deployments. I have completed two one to both countries. And speaking in regards to the Army, whom I have a tremendous amount of respect for, both of my parents served valiantly. My mother for 12 years and father for 24 who retired in 2006. I do know Army protocol and medical protocol very well and some of the things you have said are either complete bull or in direct violation of the UCMJ. So those blood soaked cammies need to be turned in as Bio-Hazardous waste and no one is asking you to make a mockery of a maimed soldier. I myself wear a slew of medals for things I would much rather forget and I am sure your husband does too. So why don't you ask him if he approves of you running your mouth about him on the internet or maybe I should request a formal investigation into your claims because it is a federal offense to claim military actions under the Stolen Valor Act. But if he did sacrifice that then I thank him. But as for you, you need to get your facts straight. After years of school and a specialty in trauma medicine and my wife being in the medical field too, I will call that one in the live saving procedures that went down to save your husband are total bull according to you. I do not doubt that the actions taken by the Doc were nothing short of miraculous to save your husband but the story you shared was complete crap. So maybe you need to go back and check for facts. Now I know that I have the backing of a MstSgt, a CWO, and a General when I say that military lives, lived, and experiences are for each other not for a pissing match on a wedding web site. So stop raining on peoples parades and being so negative. Or how about shut your mouth soldier on behalf of a staff NCO. With my regards and up most respect. And the reason my wife posted what she did about me was to make a point, not to brag about my actions at war or to start problems. Stop being negative and petty about this issue. I would feel honored if my wife is willing to rock my old cammies and rank as a purse. Personally that just shows me how important and proud of me she is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_love-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:93957f03-d45d-4dee-9e1a-03d41cdcda07Post:f6f022f7-f5d5-401b-9441-918233bf2074">Re: Love these bags!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Listen this is her husband. This back and forth banter is bull. You need to stop running your mouth about deployments because there is no way on this earth or in the U.S. Military that your husband has completed 10 COMBAT! deployments. I have completed two one to both countries. And speaking in regards to the Army, whom I have a tremendous amount of respect for, both of my parents served valiantly. My mother for 12 years and father for 24 who retired in 2006. I do know Army protocol and medical protocol very well and some of the things you have said are either complete bull or in direct violation of the UCMJ. So those blood soaked cammies need to be turned in as Bio-Hazardous waste and no one is asking you to make a mockery of a maimed soldier. I myself wear a slew of medals for things I would much rather forget and I am sure your husband does too. So why don't you ask him if he approves of you running your mouth about him on the internet or maybe I should request a formal investigation into your claims because it is a federal offense to claim military actions under the Stolen Valor Act. But if he did sacrifice that then I thank him. But as for you, you need to get your facts straight. After years of school and a specialty in trauma medicine and my wife being in the medical field too, I will call that one in the live saving procedures that went down to save your husband are total bull according to you. I do not doubt that the actions taken by the Doc were nothing short of miraculous to save your husband but the story you shared was complete crap. So maybe you need to go back and check for facts. Now I know that I have the backing of a MstSgt, a CWO, and a General when I say that military lives, lived, and experiences are for each other not for a pissing match on a wedding web site. So stop raining on peoples parades and being so negative. Or how about shut your mouth soldier on behalf of a staff NCO. With my regards and up most respect. And the reason my wife posted what she did about me was to make a point, not to brag about my actions at war or to start problems. Stop being negative and petty about this issue. I would feel honored if my wife is willing to rock my old cammies and rank as a purse. Personally that just shows me how important and proud of me she is!
    Posted by Samantha175[/QUOTE]
    Just because you do what you do doesn't mean you know crap about what other people do.  Not everyone does 12-18 months.  Not everyone gives a crap about "protocol" when crap is going down.  There are always "special" circumstances.  Check your damn attitude at the door, High Speed. <em>  </em>I know exactly what the dang facts are as to when my husband what went down with my husband and don't have to go back to check my facts.  I posted my husband's story for the exact reason you say your wife did, to make a point.  It is not BS, it is the truth.  My H in't normal.  The job he does isn't normal.  You want to continue to think it"s crap, no skin off my azz. 
    edited December 2011
    BTW, I'd like to know what part of what I wrote is complete BS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards