Missouri-Kansas City

If you were given....

$1000 extra dollars to spend on your wedding, what would you use it for? 

Re: If you were given....

• edited December 2011
    Hmm, I guess you said "wedding", so that probably doesn't include the honeymoon. I guess I'd have to say upgrading decorations at the church and reception venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jlichtyjlichty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes my #1 choice would be Honeymoon but if it was wedding specific I would spend it on a photo booth for my reception.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I would invite some more guests that had to be taken off the list and I'd pay the company to set-up and take down the dance floor (they are setting it up, we have to take it down).
  • edited December 2011
    I would invite more people that we had to cut from the list and add more food!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridesmaids hair for the wedding. I want to be able to pay for them to get their hair done (not because I think they'll do a bad job on their own, but more of as a luxury for them), but it's not really in the budget.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • dorkiepoodorkiepoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would either have to upgrade the food or have the reception where we really wanted, in a loft downtown rather than a Hall.

We are having 300 guests so I woudn't choose to invite anymore than what we already have. Laughing

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm already married, and I think my answer changed from before the wedding and after.

If it had been before, I would have said a rolls royce for transport after and a nicer night-of hotel.

In hindsight, neither of those would have made the night any better than it was. It was completely perfect!

So, if I could have spent an extra $1,000 someplace, now knowing how the wedding turned out, I would have spent it on upgrading catering. I loved our food, but I would have been happy with even more of it. :)

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would use it to have a florist do my flowers so I didn't have to do my own.
  • sncbridesncbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    honestly i agree with everyone else, i would want to spend it on our honeymood and the time we get to spend as a newly wed couple.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would use it to pay for the caterer we're having to cancel with, because we're having money issues and can't afford a caterer now... *sigh*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards