New Hampshire

Bachelorette Party ideas?

I am a newlywed who is planning a bachelorette party for my best friend.  I was wondering for those of you who have been to one or who had theirs already...what did you do?  Where did you go?  I need serious inspiration.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bachelorette Party ideas?

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What does she like to do? Would she like going out dancing and drinking? Or would she like going to a spa, paint your own pottery or a wine tasting?
  • edited December 2011
    She is more of a nightlife girl...likes dancing.  I was hoping to find a cool (not grungey or run down) karaoke bar since she loves that.
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Firedancer.  I haven't planned or had a bachelorette party myself, but depending on the preferences of the bride (most important) and the other attendees, the following ideas might be good:

- Night out clubbing with a limo or party bus to drive everyone around
    - Champagne brunch and full spa day - massages, facials, mani/pedis, etc.
    - Lingerie party
    - Lia Sophia party
    - Amusement park (sounds rather juvenile, but I'd LOVE this, as would most of my friends)
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    Any good bar/club recs?  I am not a big bar kind of girl and feel like an old lady haha
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you looking?  I'm not big on bars/clubbing myself, but I've got friends who have been into the scene in the greater Boston area, as well as in the Portsmouth area - I just need to know where you're looking to know who I should ask!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    I think we are looking all over right now....Boston would be our best bet probably or maybe the southern nh area...manchester area
  • edited December 2011
    I know you said karaoke, but if you're in Boston...

We went to dinner and then went to see Fast Times, an 80s cover band. It was AWESOME. They are usually in Boston one night per weekend. You can contact them and have them give a shout out to your friend (if you want to embarrass her like mine did).
    fasttimes.biz for schedule and contact info
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_bachelorette-party-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:7cda2c7b-d5d1-4b87-b73d-ec4707d7b833Post:d721c0c0-85e9-4345-928e-310b9d08a027">Re: Bachelorette Party ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know you said karaoke, but if you're in Boston... We went to dinner and then went to see Fast Times, an 80s cover band. It was AWESOME. They are usually in Boston one night per weekend. You can contact them and have them give a shout out to your friend (if you want to embarrass her like mine did). fasttimes.biz for schedule and contact info
    Posted by chica7484[/QUOTE]

Oh fun! I will check it out...thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    Ya there's not many classy clubbing or kareoke bars in NH... There's fun ones, but definitely a bit grungy... I would definitely plan something in Boston--pretty much anything you plan in Boston will probably be better than any of the "clubs" in NH haha Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For one of my BMs bachelorette party we took her into Boston for the night.  We checked into our hotel rooms and then surprised her with a stripper dance lesson at the Gypsy Rose (clicky).  All of the girls on the trip took the lesson and it was SO much fun and hilarious!!  After that we went to her favorite bar/club, the Gypsy Bar.

For my bach we're going to Foxwoods.  Seems easy peasy, just the way I like it ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We went to an amusement park (Canobie Lake Park) because one of my BMs wasn't 21 yet.  It was actually a lot of fun.  We went to a bar after where some of us had drinks and the rest had dessert.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Bustonian in Boston.  It drives you around to a bunch of bars and clubs.  You can also bring drinks and food on as well.  They have a stripper pole and a dance floor in the middle of the bus.  You can stream in your own music.  We did the 80's bus in January and it was so much fun!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_bachelorette-party-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:7cda2c7b-d5d1-4b87-b73d-ec4707d7b833Post:2469c86e-84de-4fad-9443-1d5fc7c769fe">Re: Bachelorette Party ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went to an amusement park (Canobie Lake Park) because one of my BMs wasn't 21 yet.  It was actually a lot of fun.  We went to a bar after where some of us had drinks and the rest had dessert.
    Posted by cg-pm52111[/QUOTE]

<div>This is what I am planning for my sister...she actually requested that</div>
  • auntykarebearauntykarebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Provincetown for the weekend for my bachelorette party. We rented a huge house and about a dozen girls are going. Beach and drag shows: doesn't get any more awesome than that! :-)

• edited December 2011
    Try this web site  
    http://www.bostonbachelorette.com/
    This will give you some great Ideas. However a Mystery Cafe Dinner is also alot of fun.    http://mysterycafe.com/

I hope this helps!!
  • edited December 2011
    Not quite karaoke, but my MOH is planning on taking me to "Liquor Store" in Boston. I guess it's a night club with a mechanical bull and stuff. She's been once before and had a blast. Not sure if that interests you but I think it sounds pretty intense! haha
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Bachelorette Parties: Stop coming to gay bars in Provincetown. Provincetown is one of the very few places where gay men can gather together freely, and your presence is disruptive. When you celebrate your federal privileges in spaces that are ours, it's a slap in our faces. For you, the gay bar is a frivolous holiday; for us, it is a cherished relief from a world of heterosexism. Stop colonizing gay bars.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards