Texas-San Antonio

Caterer Recommendation?

I'm getting married in the Orilla del Rio Ballroom next year and I need some caterer recommendations. They have a very long approved caterer list and the thought of sampling all of them is very daunting. Anybody have any recommendations? We're looking for something affordable but delicious.

Re: Caterer Recommendation?

• edited December 2011
    We're going with Heavenly Gourmet, food's good and relatively inexpensive. My only major complaint is that they're not very good about getting back to you when you leave a message. They're strawberry spinach salad and pecan crusted chipotle chicken are pretty amazing, though, and they're flexible with special requests. Going in for a second tasting this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, SunStation - still love them after second tasting (I asked them to create something off the menu, and I tried our little experiment) - and I must say, I highly recommend them. Let them know that Patrick & Parisah recommended them to you, if you do decide to check them out! (not that I'm getting any sort of discount for this... I wish I was though, all the actual business we've been sending their way).
  • edited December 2011
    I second heavenly gourmet! We're going with them for our wedding. Loretta is very helpful! And they can provide the bartenders (and liquor now!). 

Also- My best friend is having her wedding recpetion in October at La Orilla and was told she has to have her caterer provide the liquor, if they cannot Cocktails or Rookies would have to provide the liquor, which can be a bit more $$. Heavenly is her caterer and is taking care of that.
  • HikeBanditHikeBandit member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just came back from a wedding in San Antonio and the catering was done by Sushihana Japanese Restaurant. It was very good!
  • edited December 2011
    Fresh Horizons, True Flavors, RK Group, Absolutely Delicious, Heavenly Gourmet all have great reputations in the city.
  • Kstock06Kstock06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spice of Life - hands down! They blew me away at our tasting.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Spice of Life at our wedding and it was so good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards