Wedding Etiquette Forum

I judge.

Re: I judge.

• I judge highly paid executives who send in resumes and do not know the correct way to use 's versus s at the end of a word.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• I judge road construction.  I hate it. 

Also, I thought diapers were biodegradable?
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:4c9ff61b-ea17-4d1f-821e-0a37415f4c78">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : That seems uncomfortable. I'll put it in when I leave work if I have to make a call on my way home, but by the time I get home, it's starting to feel annoying. Oh! That reminds me. <strong>I judge people who wear their ipod earbuds EVERYWHERE. You can't be bored enough ALL the time to have to listen to music. Your life doesn't have it's own soundtrack.</strong>
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

This....  

Last week we had a party of 4 come on board.  One of the guys had his earbuds on.  The kicker.. He just got engaged like an hour before the trip.  Really?   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:08b2eb2c-fe17-49f9-8e8d-90ae6a6b2013">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : That's a stupid fucking thing to do.  What happens if they don't stop in time? No, they shouldn't be tailgaiting you in the first place, but that's not a lesson that someone can learn if they're dead.  Likewise, I hope it's THAT important to "skool someone " that you don't care if you die in the process.  Idiot. 
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

I'm also pretty sure she would be found at fault in that case. Or the insurance wouldn't look upon it kindly, in any case.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:4c9ff61b-ea17-4d1f-821e-0a37415f4c78">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : That seems uncomfortable. I'll put it in when I leave work if I have to make a call on my way home, but by the time I get home, it's starting to feel annoying. Oh! That reminds me. I judge people who wear their ipod earbuds EVERYWHERE. You can't be bored enough ALL the time to have to listen to music. Your life doesn't have it's own soundtrack.
    actually, I do this all the time. it's so people will leave me alone--especially salespeople at the mall. I'm usually not listening to music, I just want to be able to run my errands in peace without every other person coming up to me, "do you need help with anything?" do I look like I need help with something?

Glenna Harding Photography
  • I judge people who cut me off when there is NO ONE behind me.  Then they go and turn left, so I have to come to a complete stop because it's just 1 lane.  I really hate those people.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:0ca844f5-0e09-4d19-86b0-5032c9f1185b">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge cashiers who don't understand how to make change. If something is $6.77 and I give you $7.07 is is obviously because I just want my straight 30 cents back instead of a bunch of pennies AND I probably have change of my own to get rid of. I literally have had people try to hand me my 7 cents back over and over OR call a manager like I was being difficult some how to help them figure it out.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

This happened at our local McDonald's.  My bill was $8.07, I gave her $10.07 and she could not figure out to give me back $2.00.  What irks me about this is the fact that if she would have waited to hit the button on the register THEN entered $10.07, the damn thing would have told her $2.00!!!  Idiot.
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
  • I don't think not being able to do math in your head means you're necessarily stupid. I have a really hard time doing math in my head, but I aced differential equations, so it's not like I'm bad at math. I just have a hard time vizualizing the numbers.
    Anniversary
  • I judge the girl who flicked me off yesterday while I was driving.  She was a pedestrian who was technically jaywalking (like 15 feet from the actual crosswalk at the intersection) and then was pissed when I didn't see her and let her cross in front of me.
  • trinalotrinalo member
    First Comment
    I was taking the bus home from work yesterday and was full of judgement:

1. I judge the guy on the motorcycle whose helmet was attached to the back of the bike, as opposed to on his head where it should have been.

2. I judge the guy with the bicycle who took the bus for all of two stops just to avoid riding up a hill.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:ab502c04-4956-4c0c-9a85-63a877275f2c">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't want to judge this but... I am judging my new FIL for not contributing a single penny to the wedding AND not getting us a gift or even a card.  Nothing at all.  And his wife is scowling in every. single. wedding picture.  Not quite sure why they even bothered to show up.
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

This is going to be me.  My FFIL is complaining about the expense just to come to the wedding and has already told FH he is not getting us a gift.  That is fine.  FFIL's wife got all bent out of joint that we payed for part of my FSIL's family's airfare to fly to the wedding, because they need help with the traveling expense too.  FFIL's wife got so bent out of joint that she started saying she wasn't coming to the wedding and was going to stay home with her kids, who are FH's half sister and brother. 

All this while, FFIL is a retired army officer and works full time.  They go to Hawaii at least twice a year and she sends money to her family every month.  FFIL's wife has no respect for his three adult children, who aren't her's.  

At least they live on the other side of the country and I never have to see her.   

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • I judge my mom (yes, I am horrible!) for paying for my brothers wedding two years ago and then telling me that she is going on two cruises this year and several other trips and "really isn't in a position to help"...Yes, I am being a brat and I know it, and we are paying for everything ourselves, and I haven't said one word about it to anyone IRL, but just needed to "say it out loud" once :)
    "It is never to late to become what you might have been..."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:0ca844f5-0e09-4d19-86b0-5032c9f1185b">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge cashiers who don't understand how to make change. If something is $6.77 and I give you $7.07 is is obviously because I just want my straight 30 cents back instead of a bunch of pennies AND I probably have change of my own to get rid of. I literally have had people try to hand me my 7 cents back over and over OR call a manager like I was being difficult some how to help them figure it out.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    True story-there was this girl I worked with who would go to the overly taxed bartender to make her change for her because she didn't "understand that coin stuff."  Um, did you go to third grade?

On the barely 21 sighers-when in college I worked at a where all the college football players frequented.  The under 21ers always tried the sigh and would hand over an ID saying they were 20.  THEN get all pissy and "do you know who I am" when I wouldn't serve them.  Um, I don't care who you are and neither will the cops when they fine me and take away my liquor license leaving me jobless.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : Your life doesn't have it's own soundtrack.

WHAT?

That's the worst news I've heard all week.
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:4c9ff61b-ea17-4d1f-821e-0a37415f4c78">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. :  I judge people who wear their ipod earbuds EVERYWHERE. You can't be bored enough ALL the time to have to listen to music. Your life doesn't have it's own soundtrack.

<div>Even worse...DH told me that he gets these kids that come in that will have their cell phone out playing music while they are walking around the store like their own personal little boom box that everyone has to listen to. </div><div>
    </div><div>And I saw a girl in the grocery store once doing it too. I judge that massively.</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:ca50a85b-65d0-46b6-9781-3d07f8d58a85">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : actually, I do this all the time. it's so people will leave me alone--especially salespeople at the mall. I'm usually not listening to music, I just want to be able to run my errands in peace without every other person coming up to me, "do you need help with anything?" do I look like I need help with something?
    Posted by pooh8402[/QUOTE]

Having worked in retail, I find this really rude of you.  When you actually need help, do you get irritated when nobody is available immediately?  it's their job and they're trying to be helpful.
  • No, diapers take years and years to break down. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I judge people who can't count change as well.  Its not hard.  Just...count.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:59e133ee-627b-42de-ad70-54d9ff122fa8">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think not being able to do math in your head means you're necessarily stupid. I have a really hard time doing math in my head, but I aced differential equations, so it's not like I'm bad at math. I just have a hard time vizualizing the numbers.
    Posted by cac847[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I agree with this, and on the other side of the coin, I judged (when I was a cashier) all the little old women who wait till after the transaction is over to say "wait, wait, wait!" and they give me some odd change amount wanting different change. Just take the change. I have to admit when I first read the rant I thought "the cashier is judging you for acting like a 80 year-old woman" . </div>
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:a851d8e5-91cf-41fe-b7a7-6ed59d7fdab7">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : Even worse...DH told me that he gets these kids that come in that will have their cell phone out playing music while they are walking around the store like their own personal little boom box that everyone has to listen to.  And I saw a girl in the grocery store once doing it too. I judge that massively.
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

OMFG, yes. It's SO annoying. People did that AT MY COLLEGE in the computer lab.

REALLY? Is that necessary?
  • Mrs_AFMrs_AF member
    First Comment
    I judge my migraine pill for being stuck in my throat and keeping me from napping.

I judge myself for being so freaking lame and nervous about the AF spouse meeting tonight. I am horribly anti-social sometimes, and I'm afraid I won't fit in. I've actually been studying acronyms and keywords from the base website so I don't sound like an idiot.
  • No, diapers take years and years to break down.

wow, I did not know that.  You'd think with all the green stuff coming out, someone would have invented it by now.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:d3131913-bd41-4591-8fc3-306c1f993620">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE] On the barely 21 sighers-when in college I worked at a where all the college football players frequented.  The under 21ers always tried the sigh and would hand over an ID saying they were 20.<strong>  THEN get all pissy and "do you know who I am" when I wouldn't serve them.  Um, I don't care who you are and neither will the cops when they fine me and take away my liquor license leaving me jobless.</strong>
    Posted by JoyTate1[/QUOTE]
    This, oh god, this. I live in a town with a huuuuuuge college football following and the freshmen and sophomore players just could not understand that as much as I love football and adore the team, I don't love it more than having a job that allows me to work three days a week and support myself. I knew who they were and it didn't matter to me.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:59e133ee-627b-42de-ad70-54d9ff122fa8">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think not being able to do math in your head means you're necessarily stupid. I have a really hard time doing math in my head, but I aced differential equations, so it's not like I'm bad at math. I just have a hard time vizualizing the numbers.
    Posted by cac847[/QUOTE]

But then again, I don't think giving back change is anything but counting by 1s, 5s, 10s, and 25s. We all learn how to do this in elementary school. It is not diffEq at all.
    My mother always taught me that you don't have to know how to subtract. Just take the total bill and keep adding to it until you get the amount they gave you. So if someone Gives you $5.50 for a 3.45 tab, you give them a nickel to make 3.50, and then 2 dollars to make 5.50.

Oh, and I used to work at Sonic. I had to teach that to several coworkers, so it doesn't surprise me..
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:8f0d5883-40fd-4b82-9456-db260817cf68">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge my migraine pill for being stuck in my throat and keeping me from napping. I judge myself for being so freaking lame and nervous about the AF spouse meeting tonight. I am horribly anti-social sometimes, and I'm afraid I won't fit in. I've actually been studying acronyms and keywords from the base website so I don't sound like an idiot.
    Posted by Mrs_AF[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about studying all that stuff.  I was an Army brat and then an Army wife, you would think I should know all that stuff, but I didn't.  I would ask when I didn't understand.  Also, most people at those meetings are nice. 

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:a851d8e5-91cf-41fe-b7a7-6ed59d7fdab7">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : Even worse...DH told me that he gets these kids that come in that will have their cell phone out playing music while they are walking around the store like their own personal little boom box that everyone has to listen to.  And I saw a girl in the grocery store once doing it too. I judge that massively.
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Yes! I've seen this on the subway. And it sounds like crap, too. Also, the subway has a rule against playing music outloud, but no one follows or enforces the rules.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:9cc7f802-88d4-4658-80e1-419c24ec15fe">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : Having worked in retail, I find this really rude of you.  When you actually need help, do you get irritated when nobody is available immediately?  it's their job and they're trying to be helpful.
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]
    dude, I don't actualy SAY that. I do have a verbal filter. I usually say, "no thank you" like my mama raised me to. and no, I don't get irritated when I can't find salespeople immediately, like when I need to check out or need a dressing room. I'm a patient person and know that people are working and can't get to me right away. but thanks for the assuming off the bat that I'm a rude person.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:59e133ee-627b-42de-ad70-54d9ff122fa8">Re: I judge.</a>:
    Posted by cac847[/QUOTE]

Being a cashier means you have to count money and make change.  That is your job, so I thinks it's fair to judge someone who can't make change when that is their job.'

If you are not a cashier then I'm less likely to judge you (although I reserve the right if you ask me what 20% of the check is so you can figure out my tip would be - yes I actually have people ask me that question)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:59e133ee-627b-42de-ad70-54d9ff122fa8">Re: I judge.</a>:
    Posted by cac847[/QUOTE]

I get this. But, why take a job as a cashier then? I judge people who are bad at their job and then expect others to wait for them.

I also judge my state for having a "teens stop texting while driving week" (I forget the exact wording). That is ridiculously ageist. Plenty of people of all ages text while driving and it all needs to end.

Oh, and on the same token, I judge people who feed their toddlers in the back seat while driving. Yes I can see you turning around every thirty seconds and I can see you swerving and breaking late too.
  • I didn't assume you were a rude person.  I took what you said "I walk around with earbuds in so nobody will bug me" and inferred that this is a rude behavior.  Which is what I said.  "This is rude" not "you are rude".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards