Chit Chat

Advice ...

my fiance and i have been having little arguements about the wedding. I dont think my fiance realizes about prices for weddings....i dont want to have a big expensive wedding..but  i sometimes feel like hes scared. does anyone else have these issues?

Re: Advice ...

• I know just how you feel. I feel like I'm talking and hes thinking I'm the teacher from Charlie Brown. But we're getting there he's starting to understand
  • No arguments here, Fi knows how expensive things are but he also knows I am a frugal person, knows how to stick to a budget and knows how to get a good deal.  BUT, he still worries about the money, as do I. I would include him (your FI) in all your decision making, ideas, vendor quotes, etc. So he can see for himself what things cost and so he can fee like he has some control. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_advice-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7d068395-84ab-47bd-baeb-0ec1404c139cPost:f60348e5-3156-4fd1-96b3-49f78bc9a621">Advice ...</a>:
    [QUOTE]my fiance and i have been having little arguements about the wedding. I dont think my fiance realizes about prices for weddings....<strong>i dont want to have a big expensive wedding..but  i sometimes feel like hes scared</strong>. does anyone else have these issues?
    Posted by JCG4206[/QUOTE]
    Scared of getting married? Or having a big expensive wedding?
  • yeah i think once we start looking at venues hel realize how much a wedding cost and gets into the wedding planning... im glad your fiance is gettin there! :)
  • i think hes just EH about spending any money in general. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_advice-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7d068395-84ab-47bd-baeb-0ec1404c139cPost:bc5f5bae-6221-48bd-82e6-fb5b21a9cdc4">Re: Advice ...</a>:
    [QUOTE]No arguments here, Fi knows how expensive things are but he also knows I am a frugal person, knows how to stick to a budget and knows how to get a good deal.  BUT, he still worries about the money, as do I. I would include him (your FI) in all your decision making, ideas, vendor quotes, etc. So he can see for himself what things cost and so he can fee like he has some control. 
    Posted by librababy[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>yeah we do alot together and i want him to know that he has a say in everything too and he knows that. i think men just arent into it as much we are lol.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_advice-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7d068395-84ab-47bd-baeb-0ec1404c139cPost:71e46d60-2dcd-4f30-a9f1-fa1e8c58d21a">Re: Advice ...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there some way you can cut costs to reassure him a little?  Maybe scale down the guest list, or cut back on some of the extras that don't matter quite as much?
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

<div>I dont want to spend alot of money in the wedding either. weve been engaged for 5 months now and we have to start looking at venues to set a date because we both agree to get married in 2014.</div>
  • You are not alone! Getting married on June 2nd and still planning! I get more done in a crunch lol but my FI doesn't understand why traditions are something we need to do and i want to do. He think costs are outrageous but I try to show him I'm going low end. We are having a simple wedding although guest list is a bit larger than we expected. But we are only having finger foods with cake and punch. He didn't freak over my dress but shopping for shoes he about fell out!
  • Maybe it'll reduce your budget if you could but an elegant wedding dress on a good website.
    Here I will recommend soem websites to you:
    1)www.dresstimes.com
    2)www.topdridaldress.com
    3)www.storeofdress.net
    Hope it could help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards