Florida-North Florida

Intro - Hi There!

Hi everyone! Happy (early) New Year!!  My name is Lela and I just got engaged on Christmas morning. My FI popped the question during pillow talk.  It was really simple and sweet since both he and I are really casual people.   I’m very excited about it and looking forward to this new journey.   I've been lurking for awhile and really have enjoyed reading the posts on here.  This is my first wedding but second marriage so I've got a lot of planning and learning to do since it’s all new to me.  FI has never been married.  We’ve been together for almost 4 years now (mostly long distance) and are really like 2 peas in a pod.  We are both from the Florida panhandle (Destin/FWB area) but I’ve been in Jax for about 4.5 years now. Barring any major objections from family, we will be getting married in Jax.  We are taking our time with our engagement since both of our families are pretty big and we will be paying for the entire wedding ourselves.  Right now I’m looking at September 2012 and hopefully it will be confirmed one way or another once we work out a savings plan for the budget.  I’m also in school so my hands are pretty full.  I think we will have about 200 attendees.  My biggest concerns are the budget, finding an affordable venue location that meets our needs and anything related to OOT guests since almost everyone will be traveling here.  For now I will just be on the board for ideas and such.  I hope everyone has a wonderful start to their new year and good luck to you all with your own weddings!
80 said yes image

Re: Intro - Hi There!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards