African American Weddings

Where to buy quality table linens?

My wedding designer pulled out because I decided to get my flowers from someone else. We weren't under contract because we had only decided on chairs. But I planned for her to do the reception draping and table linens. So now I need to purchase some nice linens hopefully for a good price. Any suggestions for a website or store that sells quality linens for a good price. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Where to buy quality table linens?

• edited December 2011
    We use a rental company for events here at work:http://www.bbjlinen.com/

Unless you have a use for the linens after the wedding I wouldn't buy them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • DancerppfDancerppf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a destination wedding (international) so I didn't want to rent them and lose them. I also hear that sometimes purchasing is cheaper. But i'll definitely check it out. Maybe if I can make a specific person responsible for acquiring them at the end of the night I can rent them.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_buy-quality-table-linens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:13af8874-2cb6-467a-b782-1ece60d005c3Post:81f38253-a2d0-46f6-8c12-342b5351894e">Re: Where to buy quality table linens?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having a destination wedding (international) so I didn't want to rent them and lose them. I also hear that sometimes purchasing is cheaper. But i'll definitely check it out. Maybe if I can make a specific person responsible for acquiring them at the end of the night I can rent them.
    Posted by Dancerppf[/QUOTE]

<div>Hmm in that case try Ebay or Amazon. I'll look since I'm being a slacker at work right now... </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, colors are raspberry, gold and black. I can use all the help I can get and I'm over here slacking too (and I have a big project due tomorrow). My mind is so wedding occupied.
  • edited December 2011
    I will be stalking this thread because I am going back and forth between renting and buying. In my minimal research that I have been doing, it is cheaper to buy. Ugggghhh, i wish my color wasn't so hard to find!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't have a use for the after the wedding, renting is the better way to go. You should be able to rent for $15 (average) per table, including delivery and pick up.  That prie can go up or down depending on your selections. 

If you purchase them, you are setting yourself up for a lot of extra work on front end (who is going to drop your linens on the tables on your wedding day?  Who is going to pick them up from you prior to the wedding? Who is going to be responsible for them at the end of the night to ensure they are collected and returned to you after the weding? Where will you store them after the wedding? etc...)

Something to think about while making the decision to purchase. I am all about convenience and will pay the price for it.  Sometimes you have to evaluate what your time is worth in relation to a service or task.  Hope this helps.

Anniversary
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try http://www.smartyhadaparty.com/
    They have linens and disposable ones that have a real look and feel.
  • edited December 2011
    I am either purchasing my table runners from either cvlinens.com, razatrade.com or linentablecloth.com.  So far, I have received my sample pintuck runners from cvlinens ($3.99/runner) and they are good quality and have very reasonable shipping.   

It is much cheaper to buy than to renting or making them yourself.  As for me, I can set my room up the day before, but you are not able to do that, your wedding coordinator should be able to handle it (if you plan to have one).  I am planning on re-saling my after the wedding to recoup most of what I spent. 
  • edited December 2011
    Its cheaper to buy than rent and you can sell them afterwards. I'm using linentablecloth.com. They have the best prices Ive found plus free shipping if you spend over $50. Use code frogslap.com and you get an additional 10% off.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

"When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever."

• edited December 2011
    I purchased mine from linentablecloths.com

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Another linentablecloth.com buyer here!  It was much less for us to buy than rent from our venue.  At the time, I also had a coupon for 25% off and free shipping. Bought black table cloths and pink napkins and everything was good quality and the colors we needed.
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies I'm researching each site now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards