North Carolina

Good morning!

Good morning ladies. 

I finally moved on to Level 2 of the 30 day shred today (I've been doing it every othe rmorning, walking dog on off days).  It kicked my butt.  I felt like puking the entire way through.  Also, I can't do any of the plank stuff and there is a lot of it (I have elbow problems and can't put that much weight on it) so I have to make up other stuff to do whenever she does plank position stuff. 

PSA: Greensboro Groupon deal of the day is a $100 gift certificate for $25.00 for Picaboo photo books, the $100 can count towards shipping and tax also.

Almost through the week.  I have to say I am glad for the rain as a nice break from the heat!  Have a good day!

Re: Good morning!

• wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! Congrats on moving on to level 2! I never finished the whole 30 days because I got tired of her repeating the same thing over & over. I was doing it last summer & I just started running. haha. I guess it's better than nothing. I would like to give it another shot but I can't find my DVD anywhere. 
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

Thats awesome about the shred! I'm thinking about starting again. I'd also like to start the C25K.

Cleaning and playing the chance-it game with the rain is on the menu for today. I haven't been working since we were gone for 2 weeks and haven't been able to go yet this week due to rain so maybe today will be the day :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Good Morning everyone! :o)

Congrats Beth on sticking with it. I was doing some DVDs called slim in six and I did it for two weeks, and I did level 1 the first week and started on level 2 the second week and it also kicked my butt. I got unmotivated though after two weeks. It's not that I didn't want to do it, I just could never find the time to do it.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the 30 Day Shred also but never have managed to do it for the full 30 days. I use to live in Boston and it was great for when it was snowy or too cold to want to venture out to the gym. Then when I moved to NC I started and completed the Couch 2 5k program. I would recommend it to anyone. I use to hate running and now I like it (well I probably have a love hate relationship with it). I also use to not be able to run more than a few minutes without stopping but by the end I was up to 35 minutes of running without stopping!

What I have found that I have been able to stick to the most is group exercise classes. I have been going to different classes about 4 times a week and working out with an instructor and a group of others holds me accountable and pushes me harder than I would push myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning all!

I have attempted the shred several times only to be bored to tears after just a couple days...oyyyy.  I'm going to the gym tonight...first time in a while...hoping that 6 weeks will be enough to tighten up some.  I just joined a new gym and I'm going to check out the kickboxing and zumba classes.

Not a lot wedding related going on...I outlined my ceremony programs and will probably get those ordered in the next couple of weeks.  FI needs to figure out what song him and his mom will dance to and what he needs to get his groomsmen.  I'm anxiously awaiting for my dress to come in as well as my bridesmaids.  We are on cruise control!

Even as ridiculously hot as it is in Charlotte...I'm getting pumped for our honeymoon in Jamaica...its been 7 years since I took a week long vacation...much less gone to an exotic place.  41 days to vaycay! =)

Happy Hump Day all!
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies! You're all making me feel super lazy with your exercise stories. :-P (PS I just read an article on WRAL about how NC is the 4th laziest state in the nation. WHAT? I feel that's a bit ridiculous.)

Not too much going on here- although in exercise news I get my bike tomorrow! And my colleague just sent me some of the cutest wedding pics I have ever seen- the whole first set is of her cat refusing to get off the seating chart while she was getting ready. The cat looks so pleased with himself it's great!

Also trying to motivate FI into getting on this groomsmen's suits business. We missed the sale at Kohl's and there's another one but we need to make sure the suit we want has everyone's size, and also I need him to price out rentals just in case. Gah, why isn't he as concerned as me... sometimes I wish I could be one of those "no worries it'll be fine" people.

Have a great day!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sadly, I pay gym membership fees every month (3 year contract ends in October) but ever since we got the dog, neither of us has gone.  We used to just go right after work, because once I get home frmo work, I don't want to go out again. Now though we have to go home and let the dog out, and take him out on a walk, and cook dinner....its a bit much.  I keep saying now that I am getting up earlier to work out, I might as well go hit one of the 6 am classes---hasn't happened yet!

I also have 6 or so personal training sessions paid for I haven't used.  I was doing traninga bout a year ago, but all the repetitive motions with weights made my elbow act up (I had surgery about 4 years ago) and I had to go back through physical therapy and stuff, so I haven't used the rest of my training sessions.  Luckily they never expire!  Using the weights on the 30 day shred makes it hurt too, but unless I want to have surgery again (more serious this time) I basically just have to suck it up. 
  • janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies!!  Congrats Beth on the 30 day shred.  I have the DVD and I pull it out every now and then (guess that's not how it suppose to work)

things have been a little stressful for me.  My Granny passed away this week-end.  Even though expected, still makes it hard.  And somehow I have gained custody of Princess, her long hair Chihuahua (yes the name says it all)  but I really don't mind, I loved my Granny and I know how much Princess meant to her.  She is so cute and I love her to death, but her and Charlotte (my 45 lb hound) are not getting along!!  And that makes taking care of them both a little difficult.  Hopefully they will learn to like each other. 
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, Janice you have a dog named Charlotte too! My beagle's name is Charlotte. :)

That's hard, I'm so sorry your going through that. It's always hard, no matter what. It's so sweet of you to take care of Princess for her, it must be stressful for you that they don't get along (my mom's chihuahua hates every other dog, it's frustrating.) If they don't work it out themselves, my friends had a trainer come over to give them advice about changing their dogs' hatred of each other and it really worked. They found her through the local animal shelter, they just called for recommendations and got her number. (Or just check out Ceasar Milan on NGO, love him!)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_good-morning-161?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:d3c56242-e4d8-4282-b7eb-0993a329affaPost:c5530247-c784-4058-8130-efcd23f2caf9">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    Also trying to motivate FI into getting on this groomsmen's suits business. We missed the sale at Kohl's and there's another one but we need to make sure the suit we want has everyone's size, and also I need him to price out rentals just in case. Gah, why isn't he as concerned as me... sometimes I wish I could be one of those "no worries it'll be fine" people. Posted by CJ4578[/QUOTE]

J and I have missed the sale several times at Kohl's and it drives me crazy too. I'm beginning to think that he's going to procrastinate till like the week before the wedding and I'll be really freaking out then! I know exactly how you feel!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_good-morning-161?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:d3c56242-e4d8-4282-b7eb-0993a329affaPost:6d0d27b7-c20d-48af-9e5d-c1fd2a5bd686">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : J and I have missed the sale several times at Kohl's and it drives me crazy too. I'm beginning to think that he's going to procrastinate till like the week before the wedding and I'll be really freaking out then! I know exactly how you feel!
    Posted by FutureMrsFraser[/QUOTE]

Yeah DH did this and so did his guys. We didn't know if they for sure had suits until the week they got here before the wedding.

Kohls is always having promotional sales :o) I hope you guys can catch it when its good!
  • edited December 2011

Happy lunch time by now ladies!  I'm late checking in this am, but I'll be here for just a little bit now.  Beth, I wish I had your motivation.  My weight fluctuates so much----most of it is probably my fault.  I had to cancel my bridal portraits last month because I had gained 15 pounds since purchasing my dress.  I've only got 5 of that off, and the next scheduled bridal session is in 3 weeks.  I hurt my back last week, so I'm actually a little nervous about going back to exercising.  But, I have got to get motivated and this extra off fast!!!!  I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
  • wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all this exercise talk part of me is semi-motivated to go run. Aunt flo is in town this week and a much larger part of me wants to be lazy and take a long bubble bath. Sigh...
  • SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_good-morning-161?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:d3c56242-e4d8-4282-b7eb-0993a329affaPost:2495796a-abb4-4620-a363-3826d8938fd1">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aunt flo is in town this week and a much larger part of me wants to be lazy and take a long bubble bath. Sigh...
    Posted by wlfpkbride[/QUOTE]

I concur...I can hardly motivate a bone in my body when Aunt Flo comes...blah!
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_good-morning-161?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:d3c56242-e4d8-4282-b7eb-0993a329affaPost:78317f94-3ca9-4c4e-a940-e67411cf7afb">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beth, I wish I had your motivation.  Posted by GirlieGirl27320[/QUOTE]

Seeing my e-pics was a kick in the pants -- I did not like the way I look at all.  I already knew I weighed much more than I should to be healthy at my height, but I so gradually put weight on that I never really felt like I was that overweight.  Seeing it in photos sure woke me up!  I don't want to look like that in my wedding pictures knowing that I didn't at least try to lose some of it.  I have only lost 5 pounds and seem to have plateaued for now, but I figure at least I feel better about myself and know I am trying!
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beth I basically had the same experience as you- I was like "where the heck did that double-chin come from? I look like a scared-turtle!" (However I think you look beautiful in your siggy pic, which I think is an e-pic? So there!)

Fortunately I calmed down a little when I saw the photos that were NOT just pictures of me from the front (which tends to flatten out all curves and make us look muuuch wider) but still, I wanted to go get my butt in gear.

But... now Krystal has me thinking a bubble-bath might be nice... and Beka has me dreaming about pretzel-m&ms... gah!

Holly- I'm glad I'm not the only one! Fortunately Kohl's is having a BOGO sale right now but that means we have to buy all the suits and then get reimbursed by the groomsmen, which I am not excited about. Ahh well!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards