Wedding Reception Forum

Cupcake cutting?

For those of you who are having cupcakes instead of cake, are you still having the whole "cake-cutting" where the bride and groom feed each other?

Re: Cupcake cutting?

• I've seen where people will have a tiny cake that they cut, and can save for their anniversary.  But I've also seen the bride and groom cut a cupcake and feed half to each other.  You can do either.  Or you could skip the cake/cupcake cutting altogether.  It's all up to you and your FI.  Cutting a small cake or a cupcake aren't that different.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    We skipped the cake cutting/feeding.  Nobody seemed to notice or care.
    DSC_9275
  • We are not doing a cutting at all, simply because FI doesn't like cake!  That's okay, since those few minutes we spend doing that whole fanfare thing can be spent with our guests.
  • Not sure if we are doing a cutting but we are having a small cake for it if we do instead of a cupcake. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing a small cake as the top of our cupcake tower. We will cut that cake and feed each other from that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • jmp2004jmp2004 member
    First Comment
    I'm planning on doing a 6" cake on top of my mini cupcake tower.
  • We're doing a small 6" cake to cut (but not save it). My sis and her hubby broke a cupcake in half and fed eachother. But you could always skip it too. We're only cutting because fi really wants to, otherwise I'd skip it cause I think it's time I'd rather spend doing something else!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards