Massachusetts

Local Flowers

We are getting married in the Pittsfield area.  We are looking for a farm or farmers market where we can get fresh flowers that are in season in August.  Any suggestions?

Re: Local Flowers

• edited December 2011
    I am also doing local flowers in the summer, however the farmers markets that I found farms to buy flowers in bulk from are in Amherst and Northampton - not sure if that is further than you're looking to drive or not though.  If you check out the farmers markets in the Pittsfield area in the early spring and talk to the vendors selling flowers you should be able to find out what they'll have in bloom and what type of bulk flower deals you can get.   If you check out the link, some farmers markets have their own sites with the farms that attend listed and contact info for those farms so you can find out sooner than at a farmers market.

Here is a link to farmers markets in berkshire county: http://www.farmfresh.org/food/farmersmarkets.php?zip=01201
  • punkletpunklet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm hoping to do the same thing for my July wedding - can you let me know what you figure out?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards