Hawaii
Options

Wedding Coordinator Drama!

Omg! I dont know what do right now and I'm hoping you guys can help. So, before I booked my coordinator I spoke with 2 brides who had great experiences with her. Feeling better after a few reviews I booked her services (package with coordination, flowers, minister, musicians, etc) and had given her 2 deposits and believed everything was going well. I recently recieved an email from a bride who booked my coordinator and told me to cancel my services with her before I give her any more of my money as she had filed a police report against her for theft and fraud! Apparently, the coordinator did not show up to coordinate the event, dropped off the wrong items, and did not pay the vendors! What do I do? Do I cancel the contract? Can I get my money back since there's a police report on her? Do I stick it out and hope it was just a one time thing? I'm so nervous and just want to get back on track with my planning. Thanks for any advice!

Re: Wedding Coordinator Drama!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Wow. I hope someone with more legal knowledge of contracts than I do chimes in. I'd check out to see whether the claim is true or not. See what the BBB says too...

• Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!  I agree with Kaesha, you need to check with the PD to see if there really was a claim filed.  What coordinator are you working with? 

If it's true, you still need to find more information about what happened.  Try to get in contact with the coordinator and see what her side was.  Granted, there is no excuse for not showing up to an event and doing everything wrong, but there are 2 sides to every story.  Good luck!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with AKWinterBride, you should contact your coordinator and tell her that you've heard some uncomplimentary reviews.  If she can't remember exactly which one you're speaking of, that could be a red flag that she has so many complaints, etc, no good.  

I think it's a good idea to get her side.  Although, to the bride that was affected, there is no excuse, something major may have happened to the coordinator.  

I had a similar situation with my DJ, but I've talked with him about it and gotten other coordinator's reviews that seem to point to the fact that there were major extenuating circumstances, and a misunderstanding of the contract.  So, I feel much better about booking him now.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow that is super crazy drama!  I would definitely follow the advice and get your coordinators side of the story.  That is outrageous and i'm still trying to close my mouth after it dropped open ;)  I hope that everything works out for the other bride too. I can just imagine how much money is "floating" somewhere..
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • Options
    ameyoameyo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG are you working with Island Paradise weddings as well?
  • Options
    dianab0237dianab0237 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ***ameyo***check your PM's.
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, so sorry to hear that !     I would at least give your coordinator an opportunity to explain her side of the story first, then see how you feel, but I wouldn't put down any more money until you decide how you want to proceed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards