August 2012 Weddings

Help!.....With my colors!!!!

Hello ladies! I am so stuck between colors. I've been talking to my FI and sister who is my MOH and I think I'm getting on both their nerves going back and forth. My favorite color is orange and I've always wanted to use burnt orange, chocolate and cream as my wedding colors but I'm nor sure if those are too dark for an august 4th wedding. Then there is the color scheme that FI and I  saw and loved when we began trying to figure out colors - powder blue, plum and grey. Well last week I was looking through a magazine NWR and saw the colors turquoise, chocolate and cream and we kind of fell in love with those as well LOL I'm also liking a turquoise blue, plum and grey or black scheme as well. So I'm just stuck and need help from my fellow August 2012 brides!  What are some of your colors that you chose and why. Out of the color schemes I have listed, which would you all choose?!

Sorry so long!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help!.....With my colors!!!!

• I had the same issue... My colors are red and gold which would be more of  autumn/winter colors, but I've always wanted those to be my colors so I'm using them. If Orange and brown are the colors you want then go for it! I decided my for mine that I will do Red and white with gold accents so its not too fallish/winterish.
    If I remember correctly one of the color schemes tabs on the home page of TK is blue and orange. I don't know if you might want to try and take your favorite color out of all the colors out of each scheme you like and create something unique?
  • OK, I'm going to see if I can pick one color from each scheme and see if I can make something work. I definitely want our wedding to stand out from other weddings - kind of why I was trying not to use the burnt orange. A lot of couples are using that color these days. I had even thought of using the burnt orange and cream with a rusty/dark red and gold just so it wouldn't be the normal burnt orange, chocolate and cream but with the red it seems even more fallish. Hopefully we'll figure out something soon. Thanks for the advice!
    Your red, white and gold sounds very pretty and elegant!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! I really don't think anyone is going to notice if they are "fall" colors or not. I mean as long as you're not throwing about leaves and what not I think you would be fine. I'm from Texas and I have UT longhorns surrounding me (friends) and their their colors to their weddings are burnt orange and brown no matter what time of year it is.
  • I was a huge fan of teal, chartruse (form of green) and cream originally. I thought for sure I was going to be using those colors but I have recently replaced the cream with black and white so now my color scheme is HUGE - teal, chartruse, black and white.

Basically, I feel your pain! Good luck, I look forward to hearing what you decide. :)
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our official colour scheme is aqua, chocolate, latte, and ivory, but I'm pretty sure it'll just turn into aqua, chocolate, and ivory.

That said, of course I like the turquoise, chocolate, and ivory combo you mentioned most.  However I DO love the turquoise/plum/grey scheme as well- purple is my fave colour AND one that not many people use- giving you the edge you were looking for.

Tell us more about your wedding.  How formal is it?  Do you have a theme in mind?  What time of day are you looking to be married??
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_helpwith-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:00868a34-a63a-4d62-8f08-d4104ae5cbf2Post:10b7d780-6db5-4da4-8591-aae3b8c042bf">Re: Help!.....With my colors!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our official colour scheme is aqua, chocolate, latte, and ivory, but I'm pretty sure it'll just turn into aqua, chocolate, and ivory. That said, of course I like the turquoise, chocolate, and ivory combo you mentioned most.  <strong>However I DO love the turquoise/plum/grey scheme as well- purple is my fave colour AND one that not many people use- giving you the edge you were looking for. </strong>Tell us more about your wedding.  How formal is it?  Do you have a theme in mind?  What time of day are you looking to be married??
    Posted by jacquiroxx[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with the plum/purple statement. It's really different & it's so pretty!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, I want a different but classic, elegant and romantic look if that's possible. I would love to have an evening wedding - which would make the plum even more pretty in my opinion - but ALL of my family is coming from out of town and some have to leave Saturday after the wedding so an evening wedding is kind of out of the question and the wedding will probably be around 1 p.m. I really want to use my fave color orange somehow but not the expected burnt orange, chocolate and cream scheme although it is lovely!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If those are the colors that you want for YOUR wedding... then by all means use them.  I think many of us have gone back and forth as to what colors our wedding should be.  Mine have changed several times since January.  I originally wanted a red and white wedding.... then changed it to black and white.  Then since my favorite color is green I changed it to green black and white.  Now and I'm not changing again is clover green and cream.  I thought that the back made it too dark for an August 10th wedding. 
    image 141 Are ready to party!
    weddingcountdown.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards