Wedding Woes

I'm guessing...

There are going to be a lot of hungry people at this wedding. Let's hope they eat before they leave home.

we are doing potluck... we will be providing bacon wrapped chestnuts a non alcoholic drink and a tray of finger sandwiches. other people will be bringing their favorite bites and a recipe which we will be printing and sending to them in a cookbook with a thankyou note

Re: I'm guessing...

• I understand doing things on a budget - but this is stupid.   Just do cake and punch if you can't afford to feed people real food.   THere's no shame in cake and punch.   IMO.

• lol this will go very well.

• I agree with you. Save the bacon wrapped chestnuts and stick with cake and punch. Who wants bacon wrapped chestnuts anyway?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_im-guessing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:69023581-96da-42da-8faa-2e25251c43a5Post:cb57500f-9dac-44c7-8512-1c2c5f929b7e">Re: I'm guessing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I understand doing things on a budget - but this is stupid.   Just do cake and punch if you can't afford to feed people real food.   THere's no shame in cake and punch.   IMO.
    Posted by AuntFlo[/QUOTE]

So you can exit my brain stage left now, AF.  :)  My first thought was, "What's wrong with a little cake and punch if you can't afford to cater a big shebang?"

And I had a flash of some of the wedding stories Ww told us.   The woman told a hell of a story.<em>  ::pours one out:: </em>
  • And this is why I hate appetizer receptions. The guessing of how much food is available. Either feed a proper meal or just go cake and punch.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • they could likely do a pasta dinner for a few hundred dollars as well. 
    pasta + sauce (maybe get crazy and offer red and white, or meat), salad, a few dressing choices, rolls, cake and drinks. 

• Real food is going to cost less than printing a bunch of cookbooks and sending them. 

I would love bacon wrapped around anything, but what an odd choice of things to make.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards