Registry and Gift Forum

Gifts for the bridesmaids for christmas

What are you getting your girls for christmas? is it going to be something more personal, or something for the wedding?

Re: Gifts for the bridesmaids for christmas

• I don't think any BM gift should ever be something for the wedding.  Then it ceases being a present.

For the Christmas before my wedding, I gave my BMs things that I thought they'd like just like any other holiday.
  • Two of my BMs are future sister-in-laws, and because they have a larger family (FI is 1 of 6) they only do gifts for the kids for Christmas. For the other 2 BMs who are close friends, I told them no Christmas exchange this year. Our wedding is 2 weeks before Christmas and after some surprise non-wedding related expenses, our budget is pretty strained so we're cutting back a lot for Christmas this year. Parents, grandparents, and his niece are all we're buying for.
  • noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    What you do with your friends and family for Christmas should not have anything to do with your wedding.  What do you do every other year?  Just do it the same.  Just because you are getting married next year doesn't mean that every holiday/event between now and then revolves around your wedding.

Man, if I was your BM and for my birthday or Christmas you got me something wedding related, I would think you were so self absorbed.
  • My friends and I have never exchanged presents, pretty much because we're all poor college students/recent graduates. The next few will be no different.
  • Why would you ever give your bridesmaids wedding-related gifts for Christmas?  That seems beyond bizarre.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards